𝟏𝟕. 𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐈𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐘

ECLIPSE.
[ "I WANT IT THAT WAY" ]

"WHY DOES IT SEEM LIKE WE ONLY GET A CALL FROM YOU GUYS WHEN YOU NEED SOMETHING?"

Liv and Luke stood with their arms crossed against their chest in resentment towards the Mystic Falls gang gathered in front of them. "Listen, you guys, you remember Camila..."

"Cut to the chase, Caroline," Luke replied in as bored a tone as possible. "Your father cursed her and now she's dying and we can't find the cure so we thought maybe you guys could." Liv scoffed shaking her head as soon as the words left Caroline's mouth.

"What's so funny, twinderella?"

"You think our dad would share something like that with us? He may not hate us as much as he hates Kai but we know where to draw the line." Liv spat bitterly. "It's not a question of whether he would tell you or not, we were hoping that you might be able to sneak around him or work it out yourself?"

The two glanced at each other briefly before turning back with no response. "Why aren't you ill? Aren't you two bound or something?" Liv eyes Bonnie, who is standing ahead of her in a perfectly healthy condition, trying to gage the full details. "We haven't figured that out. I'm assuming that it's because I wasn't stabbed with that weird blade but I still don't know for sure."

Liv looks between the vampires and witch sceptically. "Guys, please. I know you may not know Camila well but this is about your brother too. We're trying to keep him in the prison world where he belongs." Elena pleads, looking between them for any sign of a reaction.

Liv nods to Luke, sending him a small tight-lipped smile. "Fine. We'll see what we can do." The twins step past the group, about to leave though Luke turns back at the last moment. "Why didn't you ask Jo?"

"We did and she said she didn't want to be caught up in any supernatural business." Luke scoffs, rolling his eyes. "Well if you see her tell her that we've done our part, it's time she does something too." With that, the two left, allowing everyone to let out a relieved sigh.

"That was okay!" Caroline beamed optimistically, looking to Bonnie for a similar reaction that she failed to provide. "We're depending on them sneaking around their lunatic of a father and finding a cure that may not even exist? Not the greatest plan ever."

"If anyone can think of anything else, I'm all ears." Damon beamed sarcastically when his remark was met with silence. "I didn't think so."

"All I'm saying is I don't think we should give up here."

-

It seemed that it was a hazy day on May 11th, 1994. The sun casts a cream tinted light over Camila's body, strewn out across the bench in the Boarding House's garden. She was comfortable, leaning her back on one of the arm rests while her legs hit the other. She was partially shadowed by the magnitude of a few trees though she felt her skin warm where the sun was lingering. A few disordered strands of her hair were accentuated by light, tickling her ear as she pushed them out of her eyes to resume her reading.