𝟒𝟏. 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐓𝐄 𝐂𝐇𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐌𝐀𝐒

ECLIPSE.
[ "WHITE CHRISTMAS" ]

"MERRY CHRISTMAS!"

Camila and Bonnie jolt back in surprise as a response to Elena's over-eager greeting. The wreath on the door almost falls off from the force at which Elena had pulled the door open, a bright smile on her face and an arm outstretched welcomingly. The harsh winter snow of Mystic Falls means Camila and Bonnie refuse to question it, instead letting themselves in by rushing past Elena to seek comfort in the warmth of the house.

"Too much?"

"Just a little more pep than we were expecting," Bonnie grins amusedly, handing Elena the bottle of champagne she brought with her. Camila follows close behind, greeting Elena with a kiss on the cheek whilst being wary not to drop her bottle of wine as she does so.

"Well it's Christmas, I can't help it," Elena defends. She hooks her arm through Camila's, leaning into her friend. "And how are you my fellow Christmas lover?'

Elena was right, Camila was notorious in the group for loving Christmas and everything that came with it. From the cheesy romantic movies to candy canes to the often snowy days in Mystic Falls, Camila couldn't get enough of it.

"I'm full of the Christmas spirit," Camila grins, reaching into her bag and pulling out a Santa hat that she tugs carefully onto her head with childlike glee. Elena and Bonnie giggle at her with a shake of their heads.

"Caroline here?" Camila asks, as they loiter through the house observing Caroline's further Christmas Day decorations to the mansion.

"Obviously," Elena nods her head in the direction of the kitchen and they start in that direction. "She's been setting up the whole day. Damon and I literally woke up to the sounds of her singing carols in the kitchen..."

"Well I'm just glad she's happy..." Bonnie remarks as they enter the kitchen, meeting the subject of their conversation.

"Who?" Caroline asks confusedly, her head shooting up to look at them as her attention is finally torn from making swans out of napkins.

"You!" Camila smiles, coming up beside Caroline and pinching her cheeks in an attempt to be a further annoyance.

"Alright, alright," Caroline giggles, swatting Camila's hands away. "I am positively determined to make this a good Christmas. First one without my mom, sure, but it doesn't have to be bad, right?" She sounds a little unsure, her voice wavering at the end of her sentence.

"Exactly," Bonnie reassures, reaching out to offer a comforting rub of Caroline's upper arm.

Caroline nods firmly, visibly getting herself back into focused-host-mode. "Okay, ladies, I need you to help me set the table," She begins sliding stacks of plates in each girls direction before swiftly making her way to the dining table as the other girls rush to catch up to her.