𝟐𝟔. 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐍 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐒

ECLIPSE.
[ "MORE THAN WORDS" ]

"NOW CAMILA, WHAT DO WE SAY?"

"I'm sorry, Liam," Camila manages to mutter out between soft sobs to her fellow classmate who tended to a slightly burnt arm caused by one accidental witchy mishap. Florence Atkins leads a very emotional 4-year-old Camila back over to her car as all of the other kids run past to get to their parents at the end of the school day.

"I'm sorry, Mommy, it was an accident," Camila juts her quivering lips out in an attempt to soften her mother's stern gaze as she clenches her tiny balled fists, running them over her face to be rid of the tears.

"Sweetheart, I know. But this is what I was telling you about needing to be more careful than other kids," Florence looks at her daughter dotingly as she stares back up at her with wide eyes. "I know you're the sweetest little girl in town Cam, I know you would never hurt anyone on purpose." Her mother presses a kiss to the top of her head, lifting her into her arms causing Camila to giggle as they head for the car.  

It was this exact memory that had been haunting Camila over the past week since she'd gotten out of the prison world. Currently on her walk to pick up one of her textbooks from the Salvatore Mansion, Camila couldn't seem to tear her thoughts from her mother. If her mother was here now she would tell Camila exactly what to do, she thought, but of course she couldn't ask her. Instead she had to settle for that small, nagging voice that lived perpetually in her head trying to dictate what was right from wrong. Unfortunately that voice seemed to be confused right now. After all what was she to think? Was she to simply follow Joshua Parker's orders and get rid of Kai to restore what seemed to be harmony to Mystic Falls? The only problem was Joshua's plan seemed reasonable only based on the assumption that Kai was indeed a psychopath who would force harm on everyone, the exact thing Camila had started not to believe. But what was her alternative, defend Kai against everyone she knew and loved? Camila thought that her escape from the prison world was the end of her complications but it seemed to be only the beginning.

"Anyone home?" Camila called out as she entered the mansion. "Helloooo...?"

"Hold on a second," Stefan's voice came from what seemed like the library and Camila happily bounded towards the area with a smile on her face and a spring in her steps.

"Hey, sorry, I think I left my-"

Camila's sentence stops short as when she enters the library her eyes catch sight immediately of one very familiar figure. Kai Parker stands ahead of her, Stefan a few steps away and Damon lounging on the couch. Camila is frozen but very conscious of all eyes on her, particularly the eyes of Stefan who seemed to clearly be trying to avoid this encounter at all costs. She felt the pressure to say something, literally anything.

"Hi," she says though it comes out more like a breath than a fully formed word.

"Hey," Kai replies jovially, smile spread wide on his face which only seems to anger Stefan and Damon more.