𝟒𝟒. 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐄 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐒

ECLIPSE.
["THESE ARE THE TIMES"]

"WAKE UP, IT'S NEW YEARS EVE!"

Camila groaned at the sound of Bonnie's voice in her ear, slowly coming awake with bleary eyes and a rough yawn. She reached out and hit Bonnie on the arm in annoyance. "Bonnie, New Years Eve is not a good enough reason to wake me up by screaming in my ear..."

"Um, yes, it is..." Bonnie goes on, unperturbed by Camila's complaints. She perches herself down beside Camila on the bed, practically bouncing with excitement. "Caroline says she wants us at the party early to help set up."

Camila grunts in frustration, still too tired to engage fully with Bonnie's peppy attitude. "What? Why?"

"Do you wanna argue with her?"

"Okay, good point." Camila pulls her pillow from under her, setting it over her face with a huff. "Urgh can't I just pull the 'I got kidnapped a couple of days ago' card?" She asks, mumbling the words into her pillow.

Bonnie grins, making her best effort to pull the pillow from Camila's face. "Oh come on, please. We always do this together and I think it would be good to get you out of sad, moping-around-the-house mode."

Camila pushes the pillow aside with a scoff of offence. "I am not moping."

Bonnie gives her a sideways look os disbelief. "You're totally moping. And moping is no way to enter a new year."

"Fine. You win." Camila sits up in bed, pouting to make completely clear that she was by no means happy to be tagging along. She picks at the sheets beneath her, eyeing Bonnie curiously upon noticing the suggestive look Bonnie was targeting her way.

"So..." Bonnie says at last, devilish grin on her face

"So..." Camila repeats mockingly, still not following whatever Bonnie was trying to suggest.

Bonnie rolls her eyes, practically squealing as she moves closer to Camila. "Who are you kissing?"

"Excuse me?"

"Your midnight kiss! You need to kiss someone..."

Camila shuts her eyes, hand passing over her face in distress. She'd almost forgotten about that New Years tradition altogether but she knew Bonnie, Caroline and Elena would never let her. She'd also forgotten about the new challenges posed by the fact that this year she actually did have someone she wanted to kiss at midnight. Whether she would be able to was another question altogether.

"Who are you kissing?" Camila asked, trying to redirect the conversation away from her.

"The hot guy from Econ obviously..."

Camila's face scrunched up in disgust, practically needing to resist the urge to retch. "Seriously?!"

"Okay, I know you think he's a total ass-"