𝟐𝟎. 𝐈 𝐍𝐄𝐄𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔

ECLIPSE.
[ "I NEED YOU" ]

CAMILA EYES THE SUSPICIOUS FOOD ITEMS SHE 'COOKS' ON THE STOVE IN FRONT OF HER

She distastefully prods what once were eggs and but turned to a scrambled, burnt mixture under her lack of provision. Grimacing at her best attempt thus far, she tops up the pile of burnt food in the bin, reaching for another egg from the almost empty (though full an hour prior) egg tray. "You know I could just help you." She turns to the source of the voice - Kai who hadn't looked up from the book he was reading leisurely whilst Camila began to break a sweat just ahead of him.

"Nope, no help needed," She forced through gritted teeth, her stubbornness getting the better of her. Kai sighed, finally setting down his novel and pushing his chair back from the kitchen table. "Are you sure? It looks like someone launched a grenade on those eggs...or maybe a nuclear missile," He ponders, exaggeratedly tilting his head to make a point. Camila shoves at his chest with a huff, rolling up her sleeves and beginning what she hoped would be a successful process this time around.

"Maybe eggs just aren't my thing. I'm sure I must be good at making something."

"The cake you burnt earlier would beg to differ." Camila turns to him with a pointed glare, only making his smug smile grow wider. "If you're planning on raining on my parade every time around, you can go," She informs, monotonously, averting her gaze from Kai in an attempt to prove her anger towards him.

"Come on, don't be like that." He prods at her shoulder several times and in her attempt to dodge him, she moves too fast, pulling at her injury. She quickly gnaws down on her lip to prevent a squeal of pain though the burning sensation was tearing through her. Kai quickly rushes to her aid, helping her prop herself up on the kitchen counter and lean back against the wall, resting her injury. "I think cooking really isn't for you."

Camila can't help but agree with a subtle nod as Kai takes over the kitchen duty, clearing up her mess with ease. "I promised myself that I'd be able to cook one thing by the time we got out of here. That is, if we ever get out of here." Kai's face falls at the latter part of her sentence but he quickly distracts himself with the cooking at hand.

"It's not your fault," She assures, noting his expression of guilt - an emotion she didn't know he was capable of. Though it seemed he was doing a lot of things that she didn't believe him to be capable of recently. "I know you probably won't want to admit this, but you do care about me so I think what you did was very noble and very sweet."

"No I don't," He retorts, quickly. "I did it because I need you to find an alternate way out and you're a real witch, one with a lot of magic too. It was strategic, don't flatter yourself." He stumbles over the words frantically and if Camila didn't know any better she might have thought he was flustered judging by the increasing rosiness of his cheeks. "Whatever you say, Parker."