Chapter 16

Betty P.O.V

Day Three

I woke up a little later than normal. When I got out of bed I saw a small blood stain on the sheets. Great, my period is back. I let out a groan, I hate having the period because, a part of the pain, my hormones are altered more than usual causing me to get angry o sad more easily. Thanks god the other day Sweets bought me tampons.

I went to the bathroom to change myself and prepare for the day. After that I removed the sheets from the bed leaving them on the floor. I went to my closet and got clean sheets and made the bed. I took the dirty sheets from floor and went downstairs to put them in the washing machine.

''Moorning Betts'' Sweets said placing a plate in front of me. Pancakes and ice cream. ''Thanks Sweets, you're the best'' I said eating. I ate my breakfasth in less than 5 minutes. Another fucking effect of having my period, I'm hungry all the time. 

After a while I was resting my head on my arm and without knowing I left a big and sad sigh. ''Hey, what's wrong?'' Sweets said worried. ''My period, you know, and..'' I said with another sigh. ''Oh my poor baby, come here'' Sweets said getting up from his chair and hugging me. ''And what else is bothering you?'' He said giving me a kiss in my head without letting go his arms from me. ''You were right Sweets.. I- I..'' a tear fell down my cheek. ''Hey, hey, hey Betts it's okey I'm here. You don't have to tell me nothing if you don't want'' Sweets said wiping away my tears. I nodded.

Just then someone knocked on the door and Sweets opened. Jughead came in the house and smiled at me until he saw I was been crying. ''What happened? Are you okey?'' Jughead said giving me a quick hug. ''Yeah, it's nothing'' I smiled at him. ''Just her period, you know? Her hormons are crazy right now'' Sweets said and I let out a giggle. ''See? The hormons!'' Sweets said pointing at me with his arms and Jughead chuckled. I rolled my eyes and giggled. 

We talked a few minutes before go to school. In the school the morning was pretty quiet and the only thing I wanted do was lie on my bed. Luckily the day ended quickly. Once at home I lay on bed and put my TV on. I finished watching a film on Netflix. Well, 'watching' beacause I fell sleep.

A knock in the door woke me up. I rubbed my eyes and saw Jughead walking towards my bed. He sat on the edge of the bed at my feet. ''Sorry I wake you'' Jughead said softly giving me a bag. I took the bag to see what was inside. ''Don't worry, I'm glad you're here'' I said with a smile before open the bag. Inside were tampons, candies and a cafe milkshake. I bit my lip trying to not smile so big. ''Sweets told this morning you're with your period so I thought that those things could be useful'' Jughead said a lil shy. ''You're the best no-boyfriend in the fucking world'' I said kneeling in front of him and hugging him tigh. He blushed and gave me a hug back.

Both lie on bed and started watching a movie. I barely pay attention to the movie, I couldn't stop thinking about the nice gesture Jughead had with me. How can I not like him? He's so perfect. Suddenly I feel fear. What if am I falling in love with him? My godness this can't be happening. But it's impossible don't feel the way I'm feeling, he's being so sweet with me.

''Betts?'' Jughead's voice slapped me out of my thoughts. ''Mmh?'' I replied. ''I was saying that I'm going to my house now. It's pretty late'' He said. ''Oh, okey. Thanks again for all'' I said with a warm smile. He kissed my forhead and left my room.

A little later Sweets came to my room with food. ''Are you better? I mean, after this morning..'' Sweets said placing the plate on my lap. ''Yeah, but I want to talk with you about something'' I said grabbing the plate. ''Thanks for bring me the dinner'' I smiled. ''And what you want tell me?'' Sweets asked sitting on the edge of my bed. ''I think I like Jughead, a lot'' I said looking down at my food and playing with the fork. ''But that isn't a bad thing Betts'' Sweets said caressing my arm. ''Yes it is because he never is going to feel the same. Besides, I hook up with almost all the boys in Riverdale. Jughead could never with someone like me'' I said tearing. ''Like you? You mean smart, pretty, strong and the most badass?! I'm sure he died for be with you. If not, why he was going to bother to invite you to Pop's, bought you the things he gave you today...'' Sweets said wiping my tears. ''Because the dare Sweets! The fucking stupid dare'' a sob skipped my mouth. ''Betts, listen to me. I known Jughead since forever. He wouldn't do this things if he doesn't feel anything for you. Why don't you talk with him?'' Sweets said still wiping my tears. ''I'm not sure I can. I'm not ready to do that'' I said trying to contain the cry. Sweets stayed in my room trying to comfort me until I fell asleep.

Day Four

A hand shaking my shoulder wakes me up. ''Betts, time to get ready to school come on'' Sweets said softly. ''Mmmh five more minutes'' I groaned. ''Nope, get up now, breakfast is ready'' Sweets said pulling way the blanket. ''Aaggghhh'' I groaned again. ''Stop growling Shrek'' Sweets said chuckling. I sat down immediately ''Excuse me what you called me?'' I said hitting Sweets with a pillow. ''S h r e k. Shall I spell it for you again?'' Sweets said laughing. ''Huh, don't talk to me never again. You're the worst brother ever!'' I said joking and giggling. 

Like the other days, Jughead drove me to school. He seemed different today. After lunch I was going to talk to him and tell him how I felt. He deserves to know. Now was third period and I was getting very nervous and finally the bell rang. I leave I big sigh and I walked towards the cafeteria when I listened Jughead's voice. ''I like her a lot, but I don't want hurt Betty''. When I heard those word my heart broke into a thosand pieces and I started running toward the front door sobbing. 

''Wait! Betts! It's not like what it seems!'' I heard Jughead yelling. ''Betts please!'' Jughead yelled. But didn't stop. I was broken and feeling stupid. I came to my house and locked my self in my room. I didn't want to see o talk to anyone. I just wanted to cry.

Jughead P.O.V

I woke up, prepared myself to go to school and ate my breakfast like every single day. ''Eh, boi, you and Betts are closer lately, what's going on between you two?'' My father asked before I went out. ''Mm, we are good friends I think?'' I said. ''What means you think? Aren't you like.. together or something?'' My father still asking. ''She would never be with me dad, I'm not good enough for her. See you after school'' I said closing the door before he could say anything else.

I knocked Sweets and Betty's door and she came out followed by his brother. Like every morning we went to school and talked in the lockers until the bell rang. I was in class and I can't stop thinking about Betts, am I falling for her? Why am I feeling this fucking way? I barely attend any of my classes, I couldn't stop thinking about my feelings. Finally the third period was over. When everybody was outside the class I stopped Toni.

''Wait, I have to talk with you about something'' I said letting her hand off. ''What's up Jug?'' She said missed. ''It's about Betts...'' I said looking down. ''Oh my fucking gosh I fucking knew it! You like her!'' Toni exclamed. ''Shhh, low your voice!'' I said and then I took a breath. ''I like her a lot, but I don't want to hurt Betty.'' I said bitting my lip. And then only footsteps and sobs were heard. 

I went to the hall and I tried to stop Betty, but she didn't listen me or she didn't want to. Damn, I screwed up. ''Relax Jones, I'm sure that when she's ready she'll want to talk'' Toni said rubbing my arm. ''No Toni, she thought I like other person and now she'll never want to talk to me!'' I said angry. ''Why don't you go to her house and explain everything?'' Toni said. I thought for a second. ''That's a great idea. Thanks Toni. See you tomorrow!'' I said running for the hallway towards the door.

I arrived at the door of her house and after knocking the door several times there was no answer, so I entered in my house and went up to my room to see if she was in her's. She was sitting on the bed with her head in her knees crying, from what it seemed. I took the pair of keys that my father has form Betty's house.

I unlocked the front door and ran upstairs and knocked her door. ''Get the hell away!'' She yelled. My heart was broken after heard Betty's voice. She sounded so... sad, broken. ''Betts please, listen to me, it's not what it look like'' I said sad. ''I said get the hell away. I don't want to talk o see you'' Betts said and I could hear her crying. 

I dropped a big sigh. She'll talk to me when she's ready. So I walked towards the front door and went to my house. Leave this house this day was the worst decision I've ever made. Because after my stupid decision, the things only got worse.