How Do You Leave The One You Love? (Kalijah)

Summary: Set in S5. Based on the song "How Do You Leave The One You Love?"

*1492-Ball*

We've been down this road before

I can't take it anymore

I have nothing left inside myself to give

Still every time I see your face

I'm falling back into that place

When everything to me feels like the first time

Katerina Petrova was at a ball, being introduced to Klaus and Elijah. Then, after she'd been introduced to Elijah, he was silent for a moment, which made her look at him.

"I'm sorry. You just remind me of someone," he apologized.

She did a curtsy.

"It's a pleasure to meet you."

He took her hand as she curtsied and said, "The pleasure's all mine." Then, after she was introduced to Klaus, he kissed her hand, said something in Bulgarian that impressed her, and kissed her hand.

"Very good," she said with a smile at him, once he'd said something in Bulgarian.

*American Gothic*

I want it to be possible

I'm hoping for a miracle

There has to be another way

I don't want to face the truth

How do you leave the one you love?

How do you rise above it all?

Where do I find the strength to make it

Through tomorrow when you're gone?

Kat stood in front of Elijah the night she'd given the cure to Elijah back in Pennsylvania. She'd given him a choice, letting him choose where their relationship stood after she'd lied for once to him. Now, they stood in front of each other at the Mikaelson house in Mystic Falls.

"Elijah, please. It's our turn. Let us, you and I, go on our own little adventure," she pleaded, realizing he was about to, again, choose Klaus over her.

"Katerina," Elijah replied, putting a hand on the side of her face. Then she put a hand on his arm and, after a moment, even though it showed that he wanted to kiss her, he instead kissed her lightly on the forehead. Then he told her, "Goodbye." Then, a moment later, he was gone, leaving her with a broken heart again.

*Dead Man On Campus*

And what do I tell myself tonight?

How can I ever make it right?

How do you leave?

How do you leave the one you love?

I'm so tired of being strong

I'm so afraid of being wrong

But I don't want to live a lifetime with regrets