Say Something, I'm Giving Up On You

A/N: Based on "Say Something, I'm Giving Up On You," since it's perfect for them, considering Elijah technically gave up on her.

Say something

I'm giving up on you...

*Pennsylvania-Daylight*

Katherine and Elijah stood in front of each other, as they half talked, half argued.

"Is that what I am to you? A means of survival?" he questioned.

"Of course, you're not a means of survival. You looked out for me, when I had no one. You've given me a second chance now, when no one else will." She rested a gentle hand on the side of his face and looked up at him. "I love you." She dropped her hand, when he turned his face away. "You don't believe me."

"I want to, but how can I when, at every turn, you give me a reason to doubt you?"

He turned around and started to walk away.

"Wait," she said.

"Goodbye, Katherine," he said.

*Pennsylvania-Night*

Elijah was walking down the sidewalk, but stopped when Katherine walked over to him, purse slung over her shoulder.

"Elijah," she said.

"What do you want?" he asked.

"To tell you that you're right. I've ran for so long just to survive...I—I'm starting to believe my own lies. I don't even remember who I was when we first met. And I wanna find out."

"I only hope you can find a way back to yourself one day," he replied.

She took his hand, holding out, and set the vial of the cure in his hand, and closed his hand. She still held onto his hand, though.

She looked at him.

"I want you to trust me, just like I'm trusting you. I'm going to let you decide where we go from here." She let go. "You don't owe me anything."

She turned around and walked away.

I'll be the one

If you want me to

Anywhere

I would've followed you...

*Mikaelson Mansion-Mystic Falls*

It was a dark night, as Katherine looked up at Elijah after he had told her that he was leaving to go help Klaus in New Orleans, technically breaking up with her.

"It's our turn, Elijah. Please," she begged him, trying to get him to stay.

He kissed her on the forehead.

"Goodbye, Katerina."

A moment later, he vanished.

Say something

I'm giving up on you...