Save Us

Katerina

It's a dark night in Mystic Falls, Virginia as I enter the boarding house. I'm human now, so I'm not exactly keeping track of my vampire family. No one's in the living room, so I can only assume that Damon, Elena, and Stefan aren't home right now.

I have just poured myself a shot glass of bourbon and am sipping it, seated on the couch, when my phone rings. I take my phone out and smile, when I see the caller ID.

"Elijah. This is unexpected. What's wrong?" I say, knowing him being in New Orleans keeps him occupied. Plus, Elijah never calls me. That means something must be wrong.

"I need your help, Katerina," he informs me. He then explains to me the Celeste and sibling problem he's having. He explains that Niklaus and Rebekah have been taken and Celeste is behind it all. He also informs me that she used witch magic to put witch names all over his body.

"I'm coming. I'll be there as soon as I can," I answer. "But there's something you need to know."

"What is it, Katerina?"

"I need to let you know that I'm human. I got the cure shoved down my throat. Now I'm dying. When this is all over, I need a witch to help me."

"Oh, Katerina," is all he can say.

As I drive my SUV, I want to kill Celeste for what she has done to Rebekah. I don't and never have cared about Klaus, but I do care about Rebekah. And as I drive, Elijah goes on to tell me that he doesn't know what state Klaus is in, but a pack of werewolves bit Rebekah. I then ask him to name the names of the witches Celeste put all over his body. We then realize that there's one witch not on his body.

"I know what she's holding them. I'll get them out of there. You stay and keep Hayley out of danger. I'll meet you there as soon as I can. I love you, Elijah."

"I love you too, Katerina."

We hang up.

As soon as I arrive in New Orleans, I head towards the abandoned hospital. I have a feeling that Celeste has them there. The witch, Genevieve, was a nurse there and Rebekah helped her help the epidemic patients back in 1918.

When I enter the old hospital, I walk silently down the hallways, looking for them.

"Klaus?" I call for him. "Klaus, where are you?"

A moment later, I find him in a room lying on a slab of pavement.

I go to and kneel down at his right side.

"Klaus?" I gently call to him.

Nothing. He must be out cold.

I pat his left cheek, trying to wake him up.

"Klaus, wake up. It's me. Can you hear me? Come on. You have to wake up."

When he doesn't, I realize that something is wrong. I then see that it looks like someone stabbed him with something. So, using my Traveler magic, I concentrate, closing my eyes, resting a gentle hand on his chest, and think about getting whatever it is, out of him.