Listen To Your Heart

*American Gothic*

I know there's something in the wake of your smile

I get a notion from the look in your eyes, yea

You've built a love, but that love falls apart

Your little piece of heaven turns too dark

It was a beautiful day, as she stood in front of him after he'd found out that she'd lied to him.

"Is that what I am to you? A means of survival?" he asked her.

"No. Of course, you're not a means of survival. You looked out for me when I had no one. You've given me a second chance now, when no one else will." She rested a hand on the side of his face. "I love you. Elijah."

He turned his face away and she put her hand down.

"You don't believe me," she realized.

"I want to. It's my disease. I just keep wanting to believe you, but how can I when, at every turn, you give me a reason to doubt you? I don't know you. I don't think I ever will."

He walked away, but she caught up with him and rested a hand on his arm, stopping him.

"Wait."

He looked at the hand on his arm and then at her.

She took her hand away.

"Goodbye, Katherine."

She could only watch, as he walked away from her.

Listen to your heart when he's calling for you

There's nothing else you can do

I don't know where you're going

And I don't know why

But listen to your heart

Before you tell him goodbye

It was a dismal night, as she stood in front of him.

"What do you want?" he questioned.

"To tell you that you're right. I've spent so much time running and lying just to survive, I don't—I'm starting to believe my own lies. I don't even remember who I was when we first met. And I want to find out." She took a black box out of her purse.

"You have the cure," he stated.

"Yes. And I can shove this down Klaus' throat and try to kill him, but even if I managed to do it, I'd lose you. And I don't want that to happen." She put the cure in his hand. "I need you to trust me. I want you to trust me. Just like I'm trusting you. You don't owe me anything. I'm going to let you decide where we go from here."

He watched, as she walked away.

*I Know What You Did Last Summer*

Sometimes you wonder if this fight is worthwhile

The precious moments are all lost in the tide, yea