Need some help?~ G1 Gears x Mini-bot Femme reader

Requested by: autobotfan02

Notes:
• Gears is a little out of character
• Story takes place in s2 e7 titled "Changing Gears"
• I have not finished nor seen much of G1, so I shall try my best

——
Need some help?
——

"Um, just a minute. We took a vote, and uh, well, we decided we like Gears the way he is now."

Trailbreaker interrupted the gentle Prime, and Bumblebee tagged along.

"Yeah, a real photo voltaic pussy-cat."

All of the Autobots shook their helm around, signaling that they agreed. Gears was just about to protest, until he seen Y/D agree with everyone.

Optimus hesitated, before glancing at the red and blue mini-bot for reinsurance. At first, Gears wanted to say no, but a part of him, his new "nice" side, dissagreed. He saw how Y/D wanted him to stay like this, and quite frankly, he'd do anything for her. She, of course, didn't know this. Gears pushed his feelings away, and tried to hide the fact that he liked anybody. Finally, the war he was fighting in his helm stopped. He swallowed his pride, and agreed.

"Well, er, If everybody likes me like this, why wouldn't I stay like this?"

The whole team was jumping up and down, happy he wasn't going to be that stubborn Sourball any longer.

"well, you heard him. Gears 2.0, welcome to the Autobots."

Optimus Prime made his way to the motherboard of what remained of the solar needle, and quickly tugged the small purple card out of the socket. He handed it down to Gears.

"..Just in case you wish to return to your normal state.

Let's roll back to Headquarters."

Gears tucked the card into his small subspace, and transformed, following the team on the path.

~

Y/D made her way over to obseve the Little Red and Blue mini-bot still working after such a day. When everyone made it back to HQ, the Autobots took turns playing around with their new Gears. Many laughs were shed throughout the rest of the hour.

In a way, she felt bad that his true personality was hidden, but relieved to see such a nice mech buried under an adamant wall.

She shook her helm, waking her out of her daze. She strolled over to the little guy, and put her servo on his shoulder-wheels.

"Hey G, need some help?"

Gears turned to look at her, a smile slowly climbing to his mouthplate.

"No need, just seeing your pretty face helps me. Thank you for asking, Y/D.

-

-

-

...I'm not sure why I just said that out loud, I can't seem to keep my mouth shut, haha."

You blushed at such a comment. Ok, this definitely wasn't your Gears. He turned back around, and patted the seat next to him. You moved from your spot and sat beside him, curiously studying what he was fixing. It was his circuit box, to your surprise.

"Why are you messing with your circuit card?"

Gears thought for a moment, almost as if he didn't want to say.

"just tweaking it a little, I want to remember certain things. I'm a smart bot, Y/D. Sooner or later someone here is going to want me to change back."