Chapter 9

Please Read The Author's Note At The End  Thank you!!!!!!

Enjoy x :D

[Chapter 9]

I stare at Matthew astounded. Knowing that I’m not alone in this makes me feel a lot better. “I-I’m sorry for shouting at you…” I whisper sitting back down on the rock.

“No, it’s okay. I would have done the same.” He sits down. Both looking out to sea I feel the wind on my face the breeze nipping my skin. After a few moments of silence he speaks again.

“Let’s make a deal.” Turning to him to show he has my attention I see a glint of hope in his eyes. “Let’s promise each other to not cut. We call each other in desperate times and we do NOT tell anyone else about our deal. You in?” I stare at him intently. I have been trying to recover from my habits for a while now yet nothing has helped me. Matt knows, he doesn’t know why but he is the only one that knows meaning he is the only one who can really help me.

“I’m in.” I finally decide. He smiles warmly at me wrapping me into a sideways hug in which I return. For some reason I feel completely safe in his arms. Not as safe as I am with Charlie but I do feel safe. I feel as though nothing else matters. No agent, no mission, no problems.

“Matt I need to go home. Nathan is probably flippin shit.” I chuckle into his shoulder. He pulls away tucking the hair that is blowing in my face behind my ear. I inwardly laugh at how cliché the moment is.

“I wish we could stay here all night.” He says standing up and pulling me into his chest. I smile as the warmth radiates my body. “Me too.” But I got to get back to my agent life. I add in my head.

“Let’s go then.”

---

When I am finally in my own car returning back to the agent house I lean my head against the window. I’m not sure how long I had been with Matt but it’s already dark and I can hardly see the roads ahead. Especially with the pouring rain.

As I am driving up the road to the agent house I notice a black SUV with a familiar number plate. Flashing back to the day where we checked out the warehouse I remember one of the SUV’s in which were loading the C4. This one in front of me was one of them. Deciding to follow them i fall back a few cars so I don’t look suspicious however I want to still be able to see the car.

I try my ear piece again to call for backup but nobody is answering. I then try calling everybody but still nobody answers. I swear to god if they are being stupid they are dead when I get home. If they’re in trouble however…we’ll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Finally the car turns into a road where there is a huge building and a row of black cars lined up. As the driver of the car parks and gets out I look in and see a kid who appears to be about my age. Opening the trunk he takes out a huge bag. I’m guessing it’s filled with weaponry.

He enters the building with a key card and is then out of sight. My car can’t enter through the guarded gates so I am parked outside them. Noticing I am still in my nerd outfit I grab my back up agent clothes then change. I add my weapons and gear to my straps just in case then head inside ready to find out some Intel.

---

After knocking out 3 guards and grabbing one of their security cars I sneak into the building. The building is huge. There are at least over 200 rooms for sure and a load of stair cases. Turning up my hearing device I sneak round a corner where I see the same boy handing the black bag over to an old man. He has greyed stubble and a big pop belly. Ewww, I can see his nose hairs from where I am and lemme tell ya I’m stood 10 metres away!