Chapter 7

RECAP!

“Where is Marcus Rodriquez?” Is my first question. They keep their mouth shut and I nod as a motion for the boys to do what they want.

Charlie kicks one of them and Adrian punches one. That will do. “Now I’ll ask you again. Where is Marcus Rodriguez?” They still don’t answer. I pull my guns out and point it at both their heads. They flinch at the contact then stutter out the answer I need. “Down the stairwell. The code is 1596.” Pulling the gun away I leave and head back to the stairs.

“Hey wait up!” I turn around at Charlie’s voice. He jogs towards me and I raise an eyebrow. “What?”

“Jordan and I are coming with you. We need back up in case so we’ll also take Adrian and Lucy.” Good thinking. I grin then walk again. I hear Jordan tell the others to wait for the Agency to clean this up then head back to the Agent house and gather information. Until it’s our turn to get back, we’re gonna kick some ass!

[Chapter 7]

Retreating down the cold, dark stairwell I stop halfway to wait for the others to catch up. I had just entered the code into the stairway keypad and the door opened up. We had received information from Carter that Marcus Rodriguez has been wanted for several reasons. Not only is he smart but he has been running from the cops ever since he committed his first crime. What was the crime you say? Well he first kidnapped a 10 year old boy and used him for innocence. Only months later the boy was found dead in the back of an old pickup truck. Prints were verified and the crime scene was investigated, it was Marcus who killed the little child.

Looking behind me I see that my team members are ready to move it. I give a signal with my fingers saying ‘stay cautious and shoot if you need’. As I continue down the dark stairwell an unpleasant feeling settles in my stomach. I remember the blocks of C4 that was being loaded into the warehouse and I couldn’t help but think, were they going to use it here?

We reach the bottom of the stairs and see a pitch black opening. We all keep our guard up making sure we have a secure grip on our weapons.

I look around as we walk forward. Suddenly all the lights flicker on. My vision goes a little funny but adjusts to the light. Charlie and Jordan look more aware and Lucy along with Adrian stand into a defence position.

Deciding to make an appearance I announce, “GIVE IT UP MARCUS! YOU CAN’T HIDE ANYMORE!” And it was true. I had got a call from Arianna informing me that she had a S.W.A.T team and the police surrounding the perimeter. Normally we wouldn’t call them as we are the S.I.O meaning we are alone on this however Marcus has been wanted by every agent and police force meaning it is required for them to come and help.

Only seconds later laughter sounds through the basement from what sounds like it is coming from a gruff old man. “Ohh but you’re wrong. You see I have the whole building covered in blocks of C4 and all 5 of you are standing on a pressure panel that measures your weight. It you add or remove any weight, and I mean even a bullet in which you can shoot from the gun, then each and every block of C4 in this building will go off  and kill everyone outside as well as you and me. So you may want to think again.” I stand shocked at the newly fed information, as well as the others.

“Disarm it now!” Jordan demands clearly annoyed with the current situation. I don’t think he is the only one. I look at Marcus again. He has a medium length scruff beard, thick eyebrows and quite a chubby face. His Spanish accent cuts me out of my thoughts. “Disarming this bomb is not going to happen. I am the only person who can disarm it. You see this button here,” He points to a red button placed precisely in the palm of his hand. “This button is the only way. There is a biometric finger scanner placed on the very top. The only way to press this button is using my thumb print.”

Wow this guy seriously knows his technology. I am coming up with various solutions as to how we can get out of this mess but it seems physically impossible.

Marcus places the button upon a chair and turns to walk away. “You still have nowhere to run Marcus!” Adrian calls out as he descends away. We can’t let this guy go. He killed an innocent 10 year old child.

“Marcus! What do you know about the drug dealer!” I ask quickly. This is a way of stalling. I know this basement will be filling with backup in a matter of minutes; I just need to keep him from leaving. Marcus freezes in his tracks. His hunched shoulders are tense and his fists are clenched into balls.

Turning his body around the other agents and I spot his angry face. “The drug dealer is nobody to me!” He shouts angrily. To say I’m shocked would be an understatement. The way he spoke about him with such hate and disgust makes me wonder the relationship between the two of them.

“Who is he?” Lucy’s voice pipes in. I can tell she has been hesitant the whole time but is now easing up. That’s a good thing, the last thing we need is fear.

“Like I said, nobody.” His face turns blank of emotion. He’s lying. His chest is rising and falling faster indicting his heartbeat just sped up. “No, you’re lying. I think you know the drug dealer. You had a past with him and suddenly it all fell apart. You want revenge with whatever happened so you tried to take his drug stock. Now tell me Marcus is that true?” You see I can tell so much just by a person’s emotions. I make up a story seeing how they react. Right now Marcus has a distant look in his eyes. Concluding my story is right.

“You’ll be dead in the next two minutes anyway, so yeah what you said is true. Brother by blood, enemy by bone.” His face still black of emotion. As he is walking away he picks the button panel up and throws is over his shoulder aiming for my feet. If I don’t catch this we’ll all be dead. Just as the remote leaves his hand a bunch of agents coming swarming in. Arianna catches the remote before it hits the panel and Dylan along with Alex tackle Marcus to the ground preventing him from running. His finger is placed forcefully on the button. A beep sounds signalling that the bomb is disarmed and Lucy, Adrian, Charlie, Jordan and I are free to move. Letting the cops arrest him the agents and I retreat up stairs.

If Marcus was buying all the drugs from the drug dealer why wasn’t there anything in the basement? Or better yet why was he the only man down there?

----------------------------------------------------

A:N// Hey my lovely fans!

I'm sorry for not updating but I have been busy with Exams and stuff so yeah, but I did update today it may be a short chappie but the next update will be next weekend.

If I get enough votes and Comments i'll update sooner!

QUESTION: Any suggestions to the last two questions in the chapter?

VOTE, COMMENT, READ!

LOVE YOU xx

Dremerfeverxo