Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Walking up to Jordan, I poke his side making him squeal and jump. "Olivia! You know I hate it when you do that." He whines childishly, pouting.

I just giggle and mumble an oops before looking at the rest of the agents. "So? What's the plan?"

Carter speaks up first. "Well, we split up. Each of us will go in twos. Keep your comms on and report back if you find anything. Charlie, you go with Olivia and Jordan. Arianna, you go with Caleb. Lucy, you with Dylan. Maddy I want you with Alex. Lastly, Adrian will come with me." He point out to us and we all nod in understanding.

"Lets get to it guys, remember, find Aaron and Mia, Kill Marcus, Avoid the C4 and lastly protect Olivia." Charlie briefs us quickly whilst tucking his gun into the waistband of his jeans.

"Got it, me and Luce will take the back." Dylan pipes up pointing to the back of the mental asylum before walking off with Lucy.

Everyone else disperses in different directions allowing us to cover more ground. I sigh and look up at Jordan and Charlie. "Whatever happens guys, save Aaron and Mia before me. Promise me?" They both hug me and frown slightly.

"Olivia, we'll save all three of you okay? We won't let anything happen to you." Jordan reassures. I nod slowly, still not being as hopeful as I wish.

We began to walk around the mental asylum. We took the basement. Creepiest place of all. I jump and let out a small squeal when Charlie whispers in my ear a small 'boo'. I turn and pout at him crossing my arms across my chest. "Babe that wasn't funny! No kisses for you."

I turn around and continue walking through the old abandoned hallways then come to a stop at an old wooden door. "Nooo, I'm sorry. I like your kisses!" He replies running after me. I giggle slightly then look at Jordan. "Man, that kid is whipped." He chuckles coming to a stop at the same door.

Charlie rolls his eyes at Jordan's comment then raises an eyebrow at the door. The double doors are old. The wood is cracked and you can see the dampening effects on it. However the handles look cleanly polished. I notice a small padlock chained around the handles.

"We have to get this open." I point out and start to try and pick the lock. I'm suddenly pulled back. "Hey!" I whisper-shout to Jordan.

"Sorry, but we can't risk it. For all we know a shit load of C4 can be behind this. Before you know it, boom. We're dead. We have to think this through." He explains.

Charlie nods in agreement. "He's right. We could use the thermal X-Ray to see if there's any movement behind the door. Any wires or devices would give off some sort of heat so that should be detected." He keels down and pulls his bag off of his shoulder. I crouch next to him and unzip the bag.

He pulls out the X-ray gun and turns it on, pointing it to the door he starts the scan.

"I hope this works." I mumble and look at Charlie.

"CHARLIE!"

I whip my head to the side at the sudden noise. "Guys, did you hear that?" I look at them curiously.

"Hear what?" Jordan responds.

"JORDAN!"

He looks at me wide eyed and gasps. "W-was that Aaron?" I nod quickly and look to Charlie who has the same reaction. He heard it too.

"Charlie forget this room, Aaron's voice is coming from the other direction. We need to follow it." I motion for him to put everything away.

"OLIVIA!"

I start to fidget it my fingers, getting impatient. I feel the need to shout back and tell him we're moments away from saving him. But doing that will only give away our location.

"O-oh my guys, look." Charlie walks up to me holding the scanner. I look at the thermal screen and see there are no wires of devices. Just an empty room.

"What am I looking at?" I ask Charlie confused. He presses a button on the scanner skipping to the next image.

"Oh my..." I whisper covering my hand with my mouth.

"I-is that..?" Jordan whispers back in shock.

"Olivia, we have to open this door. Aaron's voice can be a trap. For all we know it might not even be him." I nod quickly agreeing with Charlie. Bending down I pick up the lock picker and start to pick the padlock.

"I'm working on the lock. There's no wires or bombs near the door so it should be safe." I mutter concentrating on the padlock. After a few seconds I manage to unlock it. Jordan untangles the chain from around the door and gently puts it on the floor. I ever so slowly open the door. Charlie and Jordan pull out their weapons and hold them out for protection.

Opening the door fully I come face to face with the empty room. Taking a deep breath I turn to my left and almost gasp at the sight.

There he is. Marcus Rodriguez, strapped to a chair with a gun shot wound in his head. On the wall behind him written in blood is a message reading,

'Told you I found a way to stop him,
I didn't say it was pretty.
Clear my name from the SIO database,
Or the next person will be Mia'

I bite my cheek and clench my fist. That fucking c*nt! How dare he. Clearing his name from the database can cost us our jobs. We can't afford that. Yet again we can't afford to lose Mia either.

I look up to see Charlie talking over his ear piece. Most likely informing the others of the situation. Jordan looks to me and frowns. "I cant lose my brother Olivia. We have to save them."

"Jordan, we can't clear his name either. You know that'd end everything. We need to continue looking for them." He nods and looks down, I hate seeing him like this.

"Okay guys, the others are on their way down here. They found something too. Carter and Adrian went back to the Agent house to find something out. The others should be here an-" Charlie gets cut off when a frantic and out of breath Lucy barges into the room looking at us she rushes out scared.

"You need to see this. Now."

----------------------
Finally updated hehe.
Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I wanted to finish editing my other book before I continued this one.

Question: What do you think Lucy found?

I love you dreamers.

XxDreamingDreamsxX