Chapter 17

WARNING! THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS FLASHBACKS OF CUTE MEMORIES!

Chapter 17

Charlie's POV: (Moments before Olivia passed out)

I was sitting with Jordan and the other agents discussing why Olivia has been so cold to us. After our fight I had regretted every bad word I said. I don't know what's going on with me! I mean I called her a bitch, I never meant it, I would never say anything like that, nor would I call her weak because she is the strongest person I know. After all the shit with her parents, we both promised we would be there for each other.

I still remember the day at the orphanage.

We had just come down to the kitchen for breakfast when Mia asked how we slept. I remember Olivia answering, "I slept well. I saw Mommy and Daddy again. But they left." I noticed how upset she got with this got up from my seat walking to her. "It's okay Olivia. I will protect you. I'm here for you." I told her pulling her into a hug. She hugged me back and sniffled into my shoulder. I remember how her hugs made me feel, safe and loved.

"Forever Charlie?" Olivia makes sure pulling away from my shoulder.

"Forever Olivia." I promise linking their two pinkies together.

Im the one who's supposed to protect her, who should look out for her, yet I was the one who hurt her most. I'm snapped out of my memories when Carter rushes into the living room with a handful of gas masks, I notice he is wearing one too.

"You guys need to get these on and come into the kitchen, now!" He rushed out handing out the masks. We all get up alarmed from out previous positions each placing on a mask. We then walk to the kitchen to see Carter handling some form of liquid in a glass bottle. I also notice he is wearing gloves.

"What's going on Carter? What is that?" Jordan asks confused. The agents and I gather around the table watching Carters movements.

"It's a highly dangerous liquid. Or should I say gas. I found this bottle under one of the couches in the living room. I have no idea how it got there because the house was secured before we all moved in so I must have been one of Dealers guys." Carter explains holding the glass bottle in the air for all of us to see.

"What does it do?" Alex questions adjusting his mask. Dude must be scared...

"So I've done a few tests on this and have noticed that at extreme temperatures, let's say 10 degrees over room temperature the liquid changes state and forms a gas. The gas is called exoplitaklea (I made this name up), very weird name I know but what is does it what we need to know. When inhaled the gas aggressively attacks the hormones in your body meaning it controls your emotions." We all stare dumbfounded at the news.

"Charlie," Carter looks to me. I nod signalling him to carry on. "The argument other day, with Olivia, she was right. We all inhaled this gas. This was the day after we thought we caught Marcus but was really Declan. Olivia was trying to contact us all day but we were all held up in the house due to the gas. We all acted childish and stupid." I grit my teeth in anger. Not only am I angry about the things we said but I'm absolutely furious at the fact I had no control over it.

I look at Jordan and see sadness in his eyes, Olivia and him are like brother and sister why wouldn't he be pissed.

"Why don't we remember anything?" Arianna asks the question that I'm sure was on everyone's mind.

"It's similar to the effects of alcohol. Whatever information goes into our brain is routed through nervous system. Now when we get drunk, our nervous system gets retarded and doesn't send information to brain. Therefore when there is no information received, brain cannot remember anything. So when we inhaled the gas it basically messed up our brain. There's no way for us to remember what we did or said. But whatever it was it was bad. Olivia was really hurt and we all need to apologise and get our heads in this mission because if we don't its going downhill." I look down embarrassed with myself.

"Make sure your masks are on properly." Carter announces. We all adjust out mask properly and then watch Carter as he heats the liquid. The gas is formed and turns a smokey white.

"If it only turns to gas at a certain temperature, then someone must have come in messed with the thermostat." Lucy realises. We all nod, shit I feel so dumb!

Before anyone can say anything a loud and irritated cough is hear followed by another. I turn around and see Caleb and Olivia gasping for air as they find it difficult to breathe. Without thinking I run to Olivia along with Carter, Alex and Lucy as the others attend to Caleb. I hold her head in my hands and drop to my knees. "Come on Olivia, come on princess." I whisper in her hair as I cradle her head. When she has fully passed out I carry her bridal style and rush outside to give her some air. I keep my mask on just in case. Carter put the remaining liquid away and tried to air the kitchen out. I turn to him in panic.

"Will she wake up? Please tell me she's going to wake up? Oh my god, she's going to be affected isn't she? What the fuck do we do?!" I scream out panicking. It's my entire fault. I was supposed to protect her. I feel my throat begin to close up as I feel to cry but I don't. I haven't cried in a long time and I won't now.

"Charlie, you need to calm down and take a breath. She will be fine. She's not going to be as affected as we were. Before I heated it I neutralised it in case this would have happened. The masks can come off now. It's been over 5 minutes so it's safe." I my shoulders slump and I let out a breath of relief. She's going to be okay.

I see Caleb being sat down on a garden chair with Arianna by his side. I ship them. Don't ask how I know what that is but I remember sitting with Olivia watching The Vampire diaries. She always said she shipped Elena and Damon. Personally I'm a Stelena shipper. Oh god who am I turning into!

I walk over to the outdoor bench swing and sit down with Olivia laying across my lap. "It's going to be okay Olivia. I'm so sorry princess. I'll protect you. Forever, I promise." I whisper stroking her hair. Only a few minutes later I feel the swing wobble a little and look up to see Jordan sitting next to me. "Man you're whipped." He chuckles shaking his head.

"I'm not whipped, I'm just in love with the girl I could never have."

"What makes you think you could never have her?"

"Because I'm not the kind of guy a girl like her could fall in love with. She's the most amazing person on earth and I don't deserve her."

He just looks at me like I'm stupid. He frowns and gets up then walks away leaving me with an unconscious Olivia. Or so I thought she was unconscious...shit.

"You got it the wrong way round Charlie, I don't deserve an amazing guy like you." He beautiful voice fills my ears. I look down to her and see her smile slightly.

----------------------------------

A/N: UPDATED AGAIN due to numerous requests. I keep my promises!!!

Sooo muaha now what do you think of Charlie?

What will happen next?

Inbox me if anything is confusing, ill explain it for you ;)

Oh yeah I thought the image was cute so yeah I added that! And the flashback!!! You got to see it in Charlie's POV. Well the whole chapter was Charlie's POV! How was that?

I love you all and It's very sad for me to say but this book will be ending soon. Im not sure whether I would like to so a third book, but what do you think about it? 

But dont worry! THERE ARE A FEW MORE CHAPTERS TO GO!!!!!

Have a great day, week, month, year, life....

Byeeee

DreamingDreams