Chapter 23

[Chapter 23]

Charlie's POV (before the bomb went off)

I seem to snap out of my daze when Olivia walks out the room with Caleb. Walking over to Jordan, I place my hand on his shoulder and look at Aaron. "We'll save them Bro. I promise."

He looks at me and smiles small nodding. "I know. I just hope we can in time."

"We will. I think I have an idea." We all look up to Maddy. Setting her bag down, she kneels and pulls out her laptop and a scanner.

"What does that do?" Before Maddy gets the chance to reply to Lucy, Dylan interrupts and eyes the new equipment.

"Oh god! That's one of the latest gadgets of bomb de-coding equipment! H-how did you get this? Using this we can de-code the bomb making it easier to disarm it." I roll my eyes at Dylan's excitement and sigh.

"Look man, yeah this is cool and all that, but it'd be great to actually put it to work. So? You know how to work it?" I walk over to the taking the scanner in my hand. Hm, looks like one of those scanners the cops use to see whether cars are speeding or not.

Dylan eagerly nods and bites his lip as he examines the bomb. "Here, gimme that thing." Before I could even pass the device to him, Dylan hastily takes it out of my hands. He flips a switch on the side and pulls out two long coloured wires from his bag. The first blue wire, he connects to a silver outlet on the machine. The other end clipping to the bomb on Mia's chest. The second wire is black. He connects that to a gold outlet with the other end clipping onto Aaron's chest.

"Now, all I need to do is hook up my laptop to the machine. I can then de-code the bomb. Hopefully the wires will transmit the signal and we'll be able to get them out of here without a scratch." I look to Jordan worried. Losing Aaron and Mia will break us...we can't fail this mission. We just can't. The other agents stand to one side letting Dylan concentrate. He suddenly stops typing and his face pales. Beads of sweat begin to form on his forehead and I anxiously bite my lip.

"What?! What's going on dude, why'd you stop?!" Jordan exclaims as he runs a hand through his hair. He paces back and forth biting his lip nervously.

"I-I, the bomb can't be disarmed. There's a second trigger. So even if I disarm the first one. There would still be a second one to disarm, which will higher the chances of it going off. But what I can do is delay the explosion. I can get them both out of the vest but once that chest leaves their body the I will only be able to hold a 30 second delay before the second trigger is activated." We all look to Dylan in worry.

"We can do this guys. We just need to be quick and steady. Charlie? You, Jordan and Lucy make sure Mia gets out, and Ari, Dylan and I will make sure to get Aaron out." Maddy explains as she walks over to Aaron. I sigh shakily and walk over to Mia.

"We got this guys." I whisper before checking everyone is in position. I then nod to Dylan giving him the go ahead.

I Love You Olivia...

"GO! NOW! EVERYONE OUT!" Dylan commands. I lift Mia slowly bridal style, making sure I don't hurt her then motion to Jordan to pull the vest of off her arm. He slides it off and sets it on the chair before looking at his older brother.

"He's going to be okay Jordan, I promise. Common, we gotta get out of here." He silently nods and I hold Mia tightly as I run towards the exit of the building. I can hear the others running behind me just as I make the exit. Turning around I see them running out.

"Hey! Where's Olivia and Caleb?!" I panic, looking around. Everyone is accounted for, apart from Olivia and Caleb. My heart drops as my head is filled with the worse possible scenarios. "They were supposed to be here! Where are they?! WHERE THE FUCK ARE, THEY?!" I exclaim as I walk to Jordan and gently hand Mia over to him.

In an instant a blinding white light and loud rumble erupted from the building. That could only mean one thing. The bomb went off. We were at a safe enough distance to not get injured, but the big grey rings of smoke clouds were enough to show the explosion was lethal.

I stare at the building as a wave of anger washes over me. "FUCK!" I exclaim as a punch the wall closest to me.

"OLIVIA!" I bellow, hanging onto the hope she could still be okay...she has to be okay.

A thick grey smoke filled the air around us. We stood there, shock and sadness hidden behind out stone faces. My vision still blurred, but from a distance I can see red and blue flashing lights. My ears are ringing; however the high-pitched noise soon begins to fade as the sound of wailing of sirens captures my attention. I suddenly snap out of it. We saved Aaron and Mia. I will NOT let this be for nothing.

-----

You know those stories you hear? The ones about the hopeless lover who runs into a burning building, to save the love of his life? Yeah well that was me. I ran, and I ran like hell.

I could hear the protests coming from my team. I wouldn't blame them. Who knows if all the bombs even got triggered? Or even if the building was stable.

"CALEB NO!" I halt to a stop, the ground beneath my feet feeling somewhat fragile. I turn my head just as I am about to enter the building and see Ari weeping. I review the area, two ambulances. Caleb lays there on a gurney, his body motionless. He has an IV in his arm and a neck brace. His body seems to be covered in blood, my heart goes out to him.

I rush over to the ambulance. Ari seems to already be sitting inside clutching his hand tight. "He's going to be okay Ari. He's a strong guy and common, he's got you to fight for, hasn't he?" I send he an assuring smile and take a seat beside her, my head hanging low.

"I know Charlie. Things like this happen. Just...Caleb didn't deserve this. H-hey! Where's Olivia?" She responds, her voice panicked

A lady, who I recognise as one of the doctors back at the S.I.O approaches the ambulance. Her head down, focused on whatever she is writing on her clipboard. Her head seems to snap up as she hears Olivia's name and a sympathetic plasters on her face.

"Oh! Miss Olivia has been rushed into urgent care. Her heartbeat and blood pressure were low. She is in the care of the S.I.O's best doctor. I assure you she will be okay." She says softly.

I grunt and walk away wiping the beads of sweat from my forehead. I should have fucking been there to protect her! ARGH!

I angrily kick a piece of rubble on the ground. Turning my head around, I see the rest of the team are all leaving, I assume to go back to HQ. Aaron and Mia are now safe and have been moved to a safe house, provided by the S.I.O.

As for Caleb, he doesn't look like he's in good shape, the emergency team are taking him back to the S.I.O...My heart sinks at the thought of Olivia losing her brother.

"Jordan!" I shout, my voice sounding rough. "Get your car! We're going to see Olivia and Caleb."

Turning back around, I walk a little further and sit on an old rock. Sighing I bury my head between my knees and let out a sob. Why does it hurt so much...

---------------------------------------------------

Yes...I'm alive. Be sure to read the next part, all will be clear.

Dreamerfeverxo 

Love you guys xxx