Prolouge

I'm leaning against a brick wall wanting to die. You want to know why? Let me show you.
****
Percy
It's been roughly eight months since the war with Gaia, and six months since Athen sent me on my quest to steal five golden apples from the garden of the Hesperides. Now that I'm back I can finally propose to Annabeth! I look at the ring uncle Hades and uncle Hepheastus helped make. I drew the design, Hepheastus forged the metal and Hades gave me small black diamonds to reach around the middle of the ring with a white diamond for the centerpiece. On the inside I had "Wisdom and Loyalty" inscribed. Ican't wait. I'm following the Stoll's info that she's on the beach, they looked a little scared when they told me but I can't figure why? I see a couple making out and when I get closer I can see it's Annabeth and Alec, a new Ares camper and a really big pain in the butt. He killed five hellhounds on his way to camp and he thinks he's better than everyone. At first I was grateful for a break in the spotlight but when he convinced the entire camp that I was the one who was responsible for all the deaths in the Titan and Giant wars everyone hated me. Only Thalia, Nico, and Annabeth didn't listen to him. Now here's my girlfriend kissing him and I decide to interrupt,"Really? You know the expression, get a room?"
"P-P-Percy it's not what it looks like!" and Annabeth looks like she'll cry.
I laugh "Then what is this? I jumped into Tartarus for you and this is the way you treat me!?!" and before she says anything I tell her in a voice that would scare Hades,"We're done. I can't believe I ever loved you, you backstabber." and I go to my cabin and pack some things into a duffel bag.
I put in my sketchbook, a picture of mom and Paul, another photo of me, Thalia, and Nico at the beach. I put some food, clothes, and drachmas over my personal things, and the golden apples as an afterthought. I leave my journal after I make a final entry since I won't need it when I leave tomorrow. I just get on my bunk and get some rest for my trip tomorrow.
****
At midnight I finally decide to leave my cabin and go for a walk in the woods. When I'm about a mile in all the pent up anger explodes! The sea responded to it's child with 20 foot waves. The earth shook and broke apart in jagged spikes, and I was in the middle of the most powerful storm ever. My hurricane and four others are raging through the woods. When I calmed down I took the ring out of my pocket, lit a flame, and threw it in,"A sacrifice to Athena and Aphrodite. Aphrodite, love ruined my life, so let some poor soul live his life in peace." and walked back to my cabin through the destroyed woods.
****
Olympus
The Olympian council is meeting, and Poseidon, Hades, and Zeus are trying to figure out who's more powerful when Aphrodite keels over with her head in her hands. Everyone stares until Apollo speaks up,"What's wrong?".
Aphrodite looks up with her hand on her chest,"Heartbreak of a scale that I've never encountered, and this."She holds out her hand, and in it is a ring.
Hades and Hepheastus both jump off their thrones and the two pass it to each other for a good look. "Hades is this?"
"Yeah, it's the ring we made for Percy to give to Annabeth. Why would he sacrifice it? Something's wrong." and with that Hades melts into the shadows and the council watches the spot where he disappeared until he returns with a white face.
"Everyone to camp Half Blood! Now!" and all the gods phase to the Big House and look at camp with slack jaws.
The land is broken and heaved up in spikes, thunderclouds roll overhead, and the ocean is raging with unnatural force. The Olympians stare as a man steps out from the Poseidon cabin.
****
Artemis
I've faced down monsters that would drive mortals insane, and fought unspeakable evils. But, I the goddess of the Hunt feel fear when I look into the eyes of this Percy Jackson. His normally happy green eyes now look broken with the light of betrayal, misery, and even a little madness in them. Poseidon is first to speak,"Percy did you do this?".
He just laughs,"Like it dad? This is the power when the son of the sea and earth is betrayed and cast aside." and all the others are looking at him with shock and horror.
Athena yells out,"What about Annabeth? Weren't you supposed to propose to her?" and at the mention of her daughter the son of Poseidon's eyes grow darker,
"She found someone else while I was gone. She's just like the rest. They hate me, and now I've had some payback.".
****
3rd Person
The council watches this with a growing fury until Zeus shouts,"Poseidon, long ago we agreed that if Jackson grew to powerful you would let me destroy him".
And everyone is looking at Poseidon in horror until he nods back and says,"I'm sorry Percy" and before anyone can stop him he fires a blast of blue energy while Zeus throws his master bolt.
The resulting explosion leaves a huge crater with Percy in the middle, Hades, Hestia, Artemis, and Hepheastus rush to his body while the others look on in triumph.
When the four gods reach his body they hear,"Move back or you might get hurt." and Percy Jackson rises with his arms and neck limp.
****
Hades
My nephew survived the combined attack of my two brothers. But how!? My question is answered when his head snaps up to reveal two golden eyes filled with hatred that made everyone back away, including the campers that have gathered to see their former hero. A mark forms on his arm, the symbol of the Wolf King. Before anyone can make a move my nephew blurs and solidifies with two scythes dipping ichor. Two slashes open up on my brother's chests and they fall to the ground and Percy cries tears of sorrow,"The voice was right, my own father would try to destroy me. You would kill the hero who saved Olympus for you, you weak gods!"
Now his voice has shifted to one much lower,"Thank you Zeus, and Posiedon. I've been trying to convince this child to use my power for months now, and thanks to you I now have control over this b-arrrrrgggghhhhh!" and he falls to the ground holding his head.
Percy's eyes flicker until the green is surrounded by a ring of gold," No Kronos, your power is now mine. You listen to me now. We will not destroy the gods, the four around me are different, they're better.".
I tell him,"Nephew, if you ever have need of anything please let me know.".
And he just says,"Thanks uncle Hades."
Hestia steps forward and asks,"Percy you have conquered every challenge thrown at you, you have never given in, will you become my champion?"
He turns to her "Gladly, Lady Hestia" and he is covered in flames.
He turns back to the other gods and demi-gods gathered around,"Hear now the words of Perseus Jackson, Child of the Hearth, Holder of the essence of Kronos, and the Wolf King. You cast me aside after I have fulfilled my duties as a hero, and the champion of Olympus. When the next war comes you will call for me to save you and I will not hear you. I will protect those who are important to me and no one else. Now goodbye, and I will talk to you four later when it is safe".
He hands me a book and whispers,"Read it, it will provide answers." and slings his duffel over his shoulder. He throws Riptide at Poseidon's feet and snarls,"A token of remembrance, father" and runs away as a wolf.