Telling the family

We decided to tell the rest of the family that we were engaged and that we were  possibly expecting. I don't know why. It's not even confirmed yet. This is way too much. I don't know what to do or how to react.
"Oh my god! I'm so excited. Athena screamed with delight. I'm going to be an Aunt!!!" We told Athena and Ambrosia at the same time and what Ambrosia said shocked me.
"It's not for sure, but it's possible." I said not wanting to get their hopes up too much. Dravin looked at me and I knew that look all too well. He was sad. I'm just going to have to not worry about it.
"I'm really sorry for the way I've acted towards you, I just don't trust a lot of people and now that you and my brother and getting married and are expecting a baby, I feel like I should apologize for my behavior, I know that I can trust you and I know you'd never do anything to put our family in danger."
I looked at her not knowing what to say. Maybe me being pregnant isn't so bad after all. If Ambrosia is nice to me than that's a win in my book. But maybe she's plotting something against me? This sudden change of heart is suspicious.
"Thank you for saying that, I know it's hard to trust new people and I completely understand why you were that way towards me, you don't have to apologize for anything it's ok." I said. I have to try my best to be happy and think happy because if I don't Athena and worst of all Ambrosia will read my mind and find out the truth, and that's the most scariest thing I can think of. There's no point in making a big deal out of her being a total witch towards me when I first got here, that's all water under the bridge. She gave me a warm smile, something I've never seen her do before, but I liked it.
"Thanks for saying that Ambs, thank you for trusting us, I know how hard that must have been for you, you don't know how much that means to me." Dravin said hugging Ambrosia tightly.
"You know I don't like being called that."Ambrosia crossed her arms and raised a brow.
"Oh whatever, you used to love it when I called you that." Dravin says smiling.
"That was like 50 years ago, I've changed." He rolled his eyes with a smile. We then told Grayson and Thorne, they were so happy for us, I didn't know they felt that way towards me and Dravin being together.
"It's about damn time." Grayson said. He hugged me tight and whispered in my ear.
"I'm so glad I have a new sister, I'm even more excited to be an uncle." I smiled at him. Why is everyone acting like it's true yet?
"Thanks Gray, that means a lot to me."
Thorne also hugged me.
"Welcome to the family Alissa." His tight arms wrapped around me and it felt nice, it reminded me of Alec hugging me and that just made me think of him even more than usual. I have to call Alec, I feel so guilty for not calling him everyday like we talked about. I'll call him later.
"Alissa can I borrow you for a sec?" Athena walks over to me. I nodded confused. She took my into the kitchen.
"Are you ok? I know how you're feeling. I'm sorry Dravin is making it hard for you to be honest with him, and you don't want to hurt him." I started crying, knowing that she knows is a heavy weight that's been lifted off my shoulders. She hugs me tightly.
"I know it's a lot of pressure on you, and how scary this is. Dravin isn't thinking about how you feel and I know he does care, he's just too happy to see you're suffering inside." I nodded.
"I can't tell him the truth, it'll crush him. We've already tried to talk about how I'm not ready and he got upset with me." I wiped my eyes.
"I'm sorry, I know he can be difficult at times. But you have to tell him." She looked into my eyes.
"I can't, it'll crush his soul, I've made him so happy and to take that happiness away would be horrible. I'd feel so bad." I sniffled.
"You're not happy though, you should be able to rely on Dravin and be able to tell him things that upset you. You can't keep lying to him." She brushed my cheek. I know she's right.
"I'm not going to tell him until we find out if I'm really pregnant or not. I can't do that to him." I said taking a seat.
"Ok, if that's what you want to do." Athena gave me a warm smile. I got up and hugged her.
"Please don't tell him, I promise I'll tell him when the time is right."
"I promise, but Ambrosia can read your mind too, I'm surprised she didn't say anything." My heart sank.
"Maybe she's hoping it's all a lie, she'll be so happy when it's not true. She's probably hoping I'm going to go back home." I looked at the floor.
"I'll make sure she doesn't say anything. You shouldn't have to suffer from her wicked tongue."
"Thank you. For everything." I smiled. I wiped my tears away and put on a happy face. Good thing Dravin can't read my mind. He'd be a total mess if he knew what I was feeling. I'm just scared.

Short chapter I know. But it gets better. I promise.😘