(18) Anniversary and Nightmare

It's late here, I will proofread this in the morning.

Xavier's POV

"Mom," I sighed pinching the bridge of my nose. I glanced over at Tyler's sleeping form, his covers rise and fall indicating that he was indeed asleep. The little guy must be tired. "Look, I am exhausted as it is. I don't need this too."

"Xavier you have to be here for your father's anniversary tomorrow," she said sternly, I can literally feel her irritation through the phone. "What are you doing out in LA so long? Have you forgotten about it?!"

"No I haven't," how can I? I heaved a heavy sigh feeling drained as fuck. "I am sorting out some things mother. I will be there as soon as I can. I have to go now, tomorrow."

"You better be here, I am not playing with you boy," I rolled my eyes at that, now she's the strict parent. "I love you."

"I love you too," I hung up placing it beside the car key on the small desk I am currently sitting at. A selfie of our last family gathering flashed on the screen before it went dark. I groaned at the memory.

"Hey," I looked up to see Zoey's sister hovering in the threshold of the room. Her long elegant kimono framed her noticable bump that was pushing through her nightwear. Guilt slowly seeped through my body, I remember the talk we had earlier. "Can I offer you anything?"

"Nah, I am straight."

"Suit yourself," she shrugged walking off. I flung my head back on the headrest as I sunk deeper in the seat. The thought of Zoey's pregnancy taunt me as I unwillingly slipped in unconsciousness.

"Xavier?"

I groaned loudly refusing to look up from the mesmerizing copper liquid. I shift my weight on the bar stool. I can already feel the buzz circulating in my veins, I let out a short hum in complete satisfaction.

Good stuff.

"Xavier?" I heard the footfalls of Fred as he neared the minibar. I can already see the disapproval on his grim face. Fuck it and fuck the companies! I need some time to mourn, I've done all that stupid responsible stuff in front of the damn camera. The least I can get is some peace and quiet at my own house. "What are you doing out here? You are suppose to be dressed. WE are suppose to be our way to the strip right now!"

"I am not going," I simply stated taking a draw from a lit cigar. I cough a little inhaling some of the smoke floating in front of me. Resting it back in the nearby ashtray I dragged a clammy hand over my face."Go if you want to, I am sure you are not that late."

"She's gone you know, you have to get over it. I liked her too like my own—"

"Shut the fuck up," I interrupted him, hoping from the stool. I stumbled bit, luckily I caught myself before I could fall. "We have a good relationship don't fuck it up by saying all type of bullshit!"

"Xav—"

"No, shut the fuck up man." I walked up to him. "Go home, go wherever you want. Don't come here again to talk shit,"