(15) Nextflix and Dad Talk

Sorry for the late update... Happy Monday! Double chapter this weekend!

*Probably edit this chapter

So I've decided to make this book long instead of the 'typical' length I would have ended it...

Warning:
There will be filler chapters along the way...

Song:
Queen Najia- Mama's Hand

Zoey's POV

I propped my aching feet up on the footstool, my tired eyes lazily stared over at the large tv embedded in the opposite wall. The bright screen blurred as my drosey mind wandered back to the impromptu staff meeting today.

I never even got a chance to tell Tracy that next week is probably the last week that I'll be working for her, for Stephen Enterprises. I really want to give her a heads up before I turn in that damn resignation letter, just haven't gotten around to do that yet. I've worked at that place for around four years, that's four long years of me putting in enormous amount of work to keep the company afloat. As they say all good things must come to an end. It truly will be a bittersweet moment if I chose to quit. My stomach churned uncomfortably just thinking about it, I haven't even start looking elsewhere yet.

I stiffle a yawn placing the back of my cool hand against my hot mouth.

You know I'm not taking over the company right? It's just a partnership, I won't even be here most of the time.

Xavier words from earlier echoed loudly in my mind. He may be right but I honestly don't know if I should even stay at Stephen's Enterprises anymore regardless if he's going to be around or not. It's just somewhere I don't wanna be but then again I have to think about Tyler and the expenses that came with us both. It's going to be hard trying to find another suitable high salary paying job for a while, even with experience. I sighed softly. I can't let emotions dictate what I do, what needs to be done. I just have to think rationally and make the right decision for my son and I. If that means facing that sinful man who caused me so much unknown pain in the past every single day until I get another decent job then so be it. I'm willing to endure it for the sake of my son, it won't be that long.

"Mommy, you're not watching the best part," I heard Tyler whined. I pressed a hand to my warm forehead trying to ignore the slight pounding there. I really need to catch up on some well needed sleep to let the painkillers fully kick in.

"I am baby," I all but sigh pulling him into my side kissing the top of his head. He snuggled closer quietly eating his Chick-fil-A chicken nuggets, his eyes now trained back on the television.

I relaxed back on one of the soft cushions I threw behind my back earlier. The heady smell of the spicy half eaten chicken sandwich wafted to my nose but I ignored it. I'm way too distracted and queasy to take another bite out of the thing.

I instead turn all my attention back on the wide screen, I half listened to the narrator talk about the grey dolphins currently swimming in the open blue. I draped a hand around Ty's waist letting him rest his fluffy head of hair against my chest.

I small smile made it's way to my glossed lips, not looking away from the screen I carefully ran my manicured fingers through his soft hair. This has been our thing for as long as I can remember. Every Friday night I order gluten free take outs and we just get comfy on the living room couch watching nature documentaires on Netflix.

I really love spending time with my baby.

I sighed inwardly.

It's going to be difficult for me but I have to tell him tonight. I have to tell him about that date I have with Nathan and about his father being in town. Jazylynn agreed it would be best if I did it tonight seeing that I will be going out with Ethan tomorrow and Xavier seems eager to meet his son.