(14) His Truth

*completely unedited. I'm sick do bear with me...

Note: I did some research for this chapter. If the information I have here is incorrect or straight up nonsense, please kindly MESSAGE me PRIVATELY so I can make the necessary correction.

Song for chapter:
You are the reason by Callum Scott

Xavier's POV

The next day

"I think this concludes the meeting for today." Tracy announced gaining everyone's attention at the table. Her black shiny straight hair bounced off her small shoulders as she stood. "Our lawyers will read through so we'll get back to you on that. In the meantime I'll call a meeting today to correctly inform the staff and give them a heads up," she stuck out a polished hand towards me. "Xavier,"

"Tracy," I briefly shook her hand giving her a small smile which she returned. The rest of the board got out of their seats talking amongst themselves. "Good to see you again,"

"Same here,"

"I guess we'll be partners soon enough, huh?"

"Can't wait for that," she let out a awkward laugh before moving on to shake my lawyer's hand. Excusing herself she joined the other men and women who were talking amongst themselves.

She's obviously not too thrilled about the possible partnership but that's something she'll just have to deal with. I tucked my hands in my suit pocket watching the small group. 

This is the first and only company I will own, well half anyway, outside of the family business. It won't even be that different since we're in the same business, it's just a smaller company.

"Thank you," I smiled stiffly as I shook the hands of the men who approached me. 

My eyes wondered down to my phone screen. I have a house tour in about an or two hour with that realtor Cassandra got a hold of yesterday.

Seeing that there was not much to talk about, my lawyer and I left. He was going back over the basics about the half ownership and the impact it will have on mines. I half listened, my mind wandered to the feisty brunette three floors down.

I honestly just want to see my child, nothing more.

"What can you tell me about co-parenting?" I asked out of the blue once we reached the elevator. I pressed the button waiting for the steel doors to open. "Can I take a person if I'm being denied a right to see my child? Could I get custody?"

He looked a bit confused. "I should hope so. If you're the biological father there might be a case which can hold up in court."

The elevator opened and we both stepped in. I pressed the number for Zoey's floor. Might as well get this over with since I'm here, I just hope she shows up today. I don't know where she lives or where else to find her other than that school. I'm not going to have people track her down and shit. Those days are behind me.

"It will be easy to get custody of the child if the mother is unfit or unstable. Uh, as for co-parenting that's another option yes. You don't have to go to court for that, it's really up to the parties involved. I think it would be best if it's handled in a legal way so no one neglects their role." He sighed running a hand over his stubble, "I will have to look more into it and get back to you on that,"

The elevator dinged coming to a stop on the finance department.

"Thanks," I dapped him before getting off. My eyes scanned the small lobby adorned with potted plants, a few chairs and a receptionist desk near the elevator.