(9) Nostalga and Start Overs

I'm back! How y'all doing?

Xavier's POV

I cursed under my breath looking at the vibrating iPhone in my palm. Getting a little irritated, I glanced at the screen.

"We're not done here," I said sternly to Zoey before walking further down the hall. Once I was at a reasonable distance I answered the call.

"Hey baby," I sliently chaisted myself after realizing what slipped from my mouth. I really don't want to give this girl the wrong idea especially now since...

Forget it.

I shook my head incrediously caressing my chin. I never thought seeing Zoey would be this hard. All my old feelings came rushing back to the very surface trying to suffocate me, gnashing at my loosely bandaged wounds.

It seems like no time even passed between us. I'll be a fool to think otherwise though. If only I was just more open minded things probably would have turned out differently. I can't erased what I did and I just have to accept that but I'll be damn if I'm not going to be apart of my son's life, despite what happened I'm making sure he knows his grandparents.

I quickly spun around when I heard the subtle clicking of heels. I clenched the phone a little tighter in my hand as I watched her walk to the school's entrance.

I felt a sharp stab in my chest just like the last time I let her walk away. With each click the pain intensifies burrowing a deeper hole in my heart.

I swallowed uneasily as I stared off in the emptiness Zoey once stood. My stomach literally dropped to my balls. I never once anticipated that seeing her again would be this painful, this nostalgic.

"Hello? Xavier?" I was snapped back into reality by the soft concerning voice of Claire.

I loosen my grip on the phone running a hand over my eyes, "I'm here but I'll have to call you later," I continue staring off in the empty distance, "I have some business to take care of,"

I quickly hang up already dashing to the huge double steel doors. Once outside I scanned the parking lot but she was, as expected, gone.

Fuck!

I tapped away on my phone before bringing it to my ears, my eyes still searching the lot. I huffed waiting on her to answer.

"Why did you keep this away from me for so long? That's my child for God sake!" I attacked Alexandra before she could even get a word out.

I remember how much I pestered her the first three years of Zoey's absence but she was very tight-lipped which is highly uncharacteristic for her. Eventually I learnt to accept the fact that I would never see her again but I never truly moved on and seeing her really proved that.

"Uh, kept what Xavier?" I literally felt her eye roll through the phone.

"That Zoey was living in California all this time." I walked under the shade of a tree away from the blazing sun. "Where's the loyalty?"

"That's not my secret to tell," there was a short pause, "you need to grow a pair and try to talk to her maybe she won't slap the fuck outta you."

"How will I do that?" I buried my left hand in my pocket. "It's almost a decade,"

"I don't know Xavier, you have to figure out that yourself. Now goodbye I have work to do," She hanged up on me.

Sighing I dumped the phone in my pocket and headed back to classroom. Back to where my heir is. It's very unfortunate that I never had the chance to watch him grow but all that is going to change best believe that.

×××××××

I stepped off the small elevator and made my way directly to my suite. Once inside I kicked off my shoes neatly tossing them beside my suitcases then undo my black tie beyond relived that its finally from around my neck.

Shit's been chocking me all day.

I ordered room service before stripping and taking a quick shower.

I'm definitely not in the mood to go nowhere especially after what happened today.

I barely jumped in some sweats when there was a knock at the door followed my a masculine voice calling for room service. Not bothering to put on a shirt I went straight to it.

I'm beyond famished.

"C'mon in," I opened the door a bit wide gesturing for the skinny man at the door to wheel the trolley in.

"H-here you-u go s-sir," he swallowed nervous eyeing my shit making me want to knock him the fuck out. I raised a eyebrow clearing my throat, he awkwardly walked back to the front door. "T-thank y-you-"

"Yeah man," I slammed the door behind him. I shook my head walking to the tray, I was just about to flip his ass.

Maybe I should have gone with the shirt.

I shared myself a plate before plopping down infront of the tv. I clicked on a random action series adjusting the volume as I did so. I pulled my phone off the charger making sure to call Claire then my mom.

"Whadup?" I asked as soon as she answered.

"Uh, I was just apologizing for the other night-"

"Already forgotten. I'm sorry too, I shouldn't have come onto to you like that,"

"You didn't. I just read things wrong. I'm sorry if I caused any problems with your girlfriend-"

"Girlfriend?" I echoed a bit confused.

"Yeah," there was a short pause as if she's thinking, "or did I read that wrong too?" She quickly caught herself. "I don't mean it like you're gay or anything. There is nothing wrong with being gay, um, I just meant if I read the whole girlf-"

"It's a bit complicated," I gave a simple answer cutting her off.

"Oh,"

"Claire, if I'm being honest I'm not in the whole relationship thing. Time is a luxury that I just don't have,"

"Of course," I heard her clear her throat. "We just started on the wrong foot. Is it possible to start over?"

I thought about it for a while.

"I don't see any harm in that." I smiled a little. "Fair warning though, your personal space might get invaded."

She chuckled, "okay,"

"Amma call you back in a second. I have to make another phone call,"

"Yeah,"

I hung up and went on my speed dial. I bit my bottom lip as I call my mom. She's going to lit my ass up for not calling her earlier.

=========================================

I have a lot in store for you guys! I feel a little out of touch, haven't written a chapter in sooo long.

Do you think Claire and Xavier would make a cute couple?

How do you think Zoey and Xavier's talk will go?

Please remember to vote, comment, share and most of all follow!

Kellisa Kelly