(37) Innuendos and Jerked Meals

I'm back on.

Zoey's POV

My eyes fall to the heartwarming scene in front of me: Tyler is cuddled against Xavier's chest as they both sleep peacefully, only light snores shared between them. I smile fondly at the pair as I remove my phone from my ripped jeans to photograph this wholesome moment.

After taking a couple I stow away the device grinning like a hyperactive fool.

My sweet boys... Mine...

A familiar feeling surges through my body at the thought igniting every single cell in its wake. Oh no. I blow out a small puff of air as I turn my attention towards the fluffy clouds gallivanting outside the plane's window.

Will all of this even last? I'm getting awfully accustom to this.

The past three months have been quite mind-fucking. Honestly, I still haven't fully come around to the idea of having Xavier back in our lives. In my life. I would be lying if I said I don't feel anything for him, especially now that's he's back and fitting in so well but hanging onto the pain he left behind have somewhat grounded me into reality. I wish I could do the same for Tyler. If his dad leaves for a second time, it will break him. It would break me.

Xavier's haunting words ring in the back of my mind. This wasn't part of the fucking plan.

Darting out my wet tongue in annoyance, I lick at my glossed lips. I glide a finger around the brim of the champagne flute that I've been nursing for a minute or two now. My palm is already a bit slick from the water on the outside but I make no attempt to down the glass.

Maybe that's just my faith too, don't you think?

I had an ultimatum...

I was a fucking coward...

I should have chosen you...

I'm so sorry Zoey...

I gulp softly as I recall that night. Xavier was so broken and vulnerable and so sorry. He fears that he'll turn out exactly like his father. He fears he won't be able to be there as he should.

A few years too late ain't it? A bitter voice echoes into my mind but I quickly nip it.

Regardless of the issues in the past, he has really been stepping up to the plate. He has been there. He cares about this child and his wellbeing like his father did his. I just wish he knew that. He is making it work.

"Hey, sup?" A groggy voice startles me from my thoughts. I bite my lip a bit embarrassed as I dart my eyes over to a sleepy Xavier. He rubs his eyes letting out a small yawn. "What are you thinking about?"

You. "Our impending fun," I reply a little breathless. His gray eyes flickers to me, a reflection of need dances behind long luscious lashes. No, no. I mentally shake my head, I'm just horny. I've been turned on for weeks ever since our little interaction. Unfortunately, it has barely gone further than that. Only a peck on the cheek or head. He has been supporting me in every possible way especially with Ty and Ethan and I's relationship. Apparently he wants me to be "as happy as possible even if it is with the snob MD." 

Ugh, him being inside me would make me extremely happy right now.

No. No. Nope. Get a grip. I subtly press my thighs together as hot desire uncurls and pools down to my lower region. A head can only do so much and no more. Jeez. I smile softly, I do respect his restrain, as frustrating as it is, he just wants us to be happy.