(10) Let The Games Begin

^ What she wore to work. Wasn't loading in the story 😒😑😤

Was on writer's block 😑. It sucks ☹️. Well with a little help I finally got the chapter out. I was becoming real frustrated... 😒

Over 2k reads?! Thank you so much and also thank you for commenting! You inspire me to write! 🤗

Zoey's POV

This wasn't a part of the fucking plan.

Silent tears streamed down my face as I recalled that night when he straight up said he didn't want a kid. Fast forward to eight years later when I unexpectedly ran into this bastard, earlier than I actually anticipated seeing him. 

My body trembled as a new wave of fresh tears blurred my vision. All those feelings from that night slowly rushed back to me making my eyes water even more, I could not help the goosebumps that erected all over my skin. I leaned my head back on the sofa enjoying the sound of crackling charcoal.

There's no need to cry. I repeated this small mantra to myself hoping these horrible feeling would go away.

"Thought you might need this," I looked up at my sister as he handed me a glass of ruby red wine. "Couldn't find anything stronger,"

"T-thank you," I replied hoarsely taking the glass. I wiped underneath my eyes before taking a short sip. "I have work tomorrow anyways,"

"How's your headache?" She asked as if trying to be careful not to step on my toes. She crashed on a white couch nearby.

"It's gone," I took another sip. I didn't hesitate to take a quick nap as soon as I was home. "Thank God,"

"Oh, that's good." She placed her feet on the small footstool. "The boys are by Lucas by the way,"

My chest suddenly felt heavy, my stomach felt like it was tied in a gazillion huge painful knots.

Tyler.

I hope this bastard actually knows what he's doing. We've been doing fine without him, why come fuck this up now?

"I know," I took another sip gazing in the yellowish-orange hue of the small swaying fire.

"Oh,"

"I saw Xavier today though," I chuckled, my voice completely void of humor.

"Where?" Jazylynn asked leaning in a bit closer, her eyes held a sympathetic look.

"Down by Tyler's school," I took another sip feeling my muscles relaxing a bit. I began relishing in the sweet aftertaste.

"Wow," she commented stretching out her legs a little. "What was he doing down there?"

"A damn presentation," I brought the glass up to my lips. I filled her in on how I ended up seeing him, I also briefed her on our conversation and the fact that the company, including me, has a meeting with him tomorrow.

I left out the part about seeing Ethan again, the same fucker who almost cracked my skull open, and getting his number which I have tucked away in one of my purses that I will most likely never use. I know she'll be beyond ecstatic encouraging me to date him and stuff. I can't deal.

"Sounds like he's going back to Seattle soon,"

I snorted swirling the liquid inside the glass, "I doubt that," I placed the glass down on the woodsy coffee table. "I just don't want him to come back in our lives, we've survived this long without him besides I don't want to be the person who has to tell Tyler about his father. I-I just. It's too much."