(33) Touché

Zoey's POV

My gaze lingers on the flat screen. All the numbers slowly morph into a giant mish-mash of nothing.

"Damn it Xavier!" I groan out loud. Slapping a hand to my forehead, I let out a frustrated sigh. "C'mon girl. It's been two weeks get a grip. Get a fucking grip..."

So, so eager to have me inside aren't you?

Heat slowly crawl up my spine and settle on my cheeks as I recall his words. The feeling of his touch still lingers on my hot skin. It prickles with need... the need for him to be buried deep inside me if I am being frank. I press my thighs as memories from that day plague my mind.

You love it don't you?

My eyes flutter shut at the overwhelming sensation growing within me. I lick my lips in anticipation as the image of his fingers moving inside me burst behind my eyelids.

You love it rough don't you Zoey?

"Mhm," my fingers itch to slide into my wet core and relief myself.

A knock at the door breaks me out of my reverie. I peel my eyes open and let out a short sigh. Fuck, I might need to change toys. "It's open, you. You can come in,"

My eyes dart down to the computer screen just as Allison pokes her head in. She tucks a lock of blonde hair behind her ear, her brown orbs full of excitement as they fall on me. "Sorry to interrupt,"

"It's okay," I grab a pen and flick it around my fingers to keep my thoughts somewhat occupied. "What's up?"

"Nothing much, I'm just pretty excited about the company party on Friday! Damn! I can't believe our revenue has tripled in just two whole days!"

My eyes fall to the computer screen once more. The proof lies there in the company's spreadsheet. Our revenue has skyrocketed in the last 48 hours slightly exceeding our initial expectations. Anything is possible with a Danvers' name smeared all over it. "Mhm,"

"You don't seem all that excited," Allison points out as she plops down in a chair, a frown quickly settles on her face. "Is it about the party or the revenue?"

I drop the pen and release a heavy sigh. The blip of pain from earlier pounds at the back of my head making it's presence known. "Neither. I'm just a bit tired that's all."

Her expression morphs into that of concern. "I hope I'm not overstepping here Zoey but you've been working yourself to death the past two weeks, especially over the last 48 hours. You need a proper vacation—"

"Allison..."

"No, I'm not talking about that half of a day that you took. I love when Tyler's here but you seriously need to take your days and take that kid to Disney World or an Island or somewhere."

"We do go out," I say in defense. "We've been out,"

"Alright but still Zoey, please take you days and do something. You've worked so so hard," a smile creeps on her face. I know where this is going. "You can start by attending the party this Friday!"

My eyes fall to the computer screen once more. I've seen so much of Xavier for the past two weeks. Home, work... basically everywhere. How am I to skate around the fact that we kissed just like he so callously dismissed? How am I to endure and chat up to him at this company party after what happened? He fingered me for God sakes!