Bonus Chapter

Xavier's POV

3 months later

The day is finally here. The day that will tie me and Zoey together in a bond stronger than any contract or business deal - marriage. Our estate is swarmed with vendors, caterers, decorators, all working in a synchronized chaos to transform our home into a magical wedding venue.

Despite the commotion outside, the groom's quarter is a sanctuary of calm. I'm surrounded by my closest friend and my brothers, their familiar banter and light-hearted teasing prove to be a soothing balm to my escalating nerves.

"Hey, I got one." Alec pipes up as the roars of laughter somewhat dies down. I groan to which he chuckle. Once again, I am subjected to this foolishness and on my motherfucking wedding day at that. "Xavier once told me he'd never get married... that he'd remain a bachelor forever. I should've known... the only promise he's ever kept is 'Double or nothing' on poker nights."

This raises another cackle of laughter, I roll my eyes at their antics. "Fuck y'all."

Our conversation soon veers off to other topics, yet the underlying sense of mirth and happiness remains. I don't think I've ever seen Alec so animated before. He seems to be thoroughly enjoying himself as he indulges in the fuckery. The jokes however continue to flow, each one more ridiculous than the last. Soon after I join in, my previous annoyance evaporating into thin air. It's in moments like these being surrounded by the people I love most, that I feel truly content.

"No, but really, Xavier," Alec says, once the laughter has died down a bit. "I'm proud of you. You've grown so much. You found a good woman and you're about to start a family. It's a big deal."

I nod, touched by his words. "Thanks, Alec. That means a lot."

"No problem man," he smiles and pat my back in a comforting manner. As the room falls silent, my brothers come in closer, each offering their own words of encouragement.

Sean, the eldest of us all, places a reassuring hand on my shoulder. "You're a lucky man, Xavier. Zoey is incredible. Cherish her, love her, and remember, a happy wife is a happy life."

Kevin, the jokester amongst us, manages to keep a straight face for once. "Never thought I'd see the day our little brother gets hitched," he laughs, ruffling my hair like he used to when we were kids. "but seriously, bro, I'm proud of you. Zoey's a gem, make sure you always remind her of that."

Brad is up next. His words are simple, yet hold so much weight. "Love is a beautiful journey, Xavier, but it's also work. Work together, grow together and always be each other's safe space. Man, I wish dad was here to see this."

I take a deep breath, absorbing their words and advice. The weight of Brad words sinks in, adding to the complexity of my emotions. Despite the whirlwind of excitement and joy racing through my veins, I can't shake off the pang of melancholy for my dad. I wish he was here to witness this momentous occasion because despite everything, he was still my blasted father. I've always wished him to be proud of me, I've long to hear those words even if only for a second but alas that's impossible. The magnitude of this moment hits me and grips at my heart. My father might not be here in body but I know he's here in spirit, watching over us.

A lone tear fall but I quickly wipe it away and let out a soft sigh. No, this is yet another significant milestone and I should be happy, not wander about what ifs. With that I effectively shake off the harrowing memories. Today is about celebrating love and starting a new chapter in one's life. A new chapter that takes on a new role. The role of becoming a husband to an incredible woman. One that will trumps the responsibilities of being a son, a brother, or even a friend.