Chapter-17

Veer POV:

I was hell shocked by what I just asked to Rahi, but deep down in my heart I know she will be agreeing for this marriage proposal. I think I'm guessing this.

After I said this to her, she had mixed expressions which I'm unable to read, and this happens with me for the 1st time that I can't read her expression.

She looked at everyone and told me that she needs some time to think about this and after saying this she just leaves towards her room.

I also try to go towards my room, but stops when Abhi & Karan say that they want to talk to me and before Rishi says anything I just told him to go back to his room. And for the seniors of our home they just look at me like that is wrong with this boy. But I just ignored them and moved forward to my balcony area.

Abhi: Did you know what you asked my sister?

Me: Yes, I know.

Karan: Veer, I'm not kidding here... you know very well that if something happens to her I'm unable to leave that person.

Me: Yes, I know.

Abhi: why did you ask her to marry you? When I clearly know that you don't love her.

Me: Yes, I know.

Abhi/Karan: What do you know? Can you please say clearly?

Me: I know what I ask her, and this is the best I can do for her to marry an unknown person. We don't know how they will treat her. And to see her pain it breaks me.

Karan: so you are marrying her just because you don't see her marry someone.

Me: I don't know about all this, but I know one thing very well that she can't marry anyone else.

When I thought that the conversation between us three was done and I retreated towards my room, Abhi next word stops me on my track & I'm unable to move forward.

Abhi: Are you in love with her? Or you are just marrying her just because of your guilt that when she needs you, you were not there for her? Tell me?

I just stood there. I don't know the answer to his question whether I'm falling for her or it's just my guilt towards her, I don't know but I know one thing that I need her.

She is the only one who keeps me calm, sane. She is the only one who makes me happy; when she is around me, I feel I have everything with me.

I don't know about this feeling but yes, she was always my Best Friend to whom I can do anything or should I say I go to any extent to keep her happy.