"fuck these tears"

"Jake?"

And that's all i can say because I'm literally so confused out of my mind right now. So i just stand there staring at him with my baseball bat still in my hands until Ace breaks the silence.

"Umm...Jake, i thought you weren't going to come" Ace asks probably just as confused as i am.

"Yeah Jake.... i thought you weren't gonna come " i ask with my hands on my hips.
Just as ever,he just stands there with a nonchalant stare on his face and i swear it makes my blood boil! I mean who told him he was welcome at my house after the bullshit he pulled the last time! And to top it all off, his stupid ass didn't think it was necessary to apologize. He just went about ignoring me like he didn't do anything wrong.

"Look...are you gonna let me in or not?"

"Excuse me?" I said, like who the flipping juice box does he think he is.

"I said...are you gonna let me in or not?" And he has the audacity to act like he actually has a right to be in my house!? He doesn't even have the decency to act polite or be apologetic! I swear on my dead dog snookles , something is wrong with this dude.

"Like hell I'm gonna let you come in! Who the hell do you think you are to come over to my house and act like you actually have a right to be here? Or may i remind you of what happened the last time we spoke or are you suddenly dense. Plus if i remember correctly, your stupid ass has been ignoring and avoiding me all week so i think it would be best if you get the fuck of my porch and find your way back to wherever the hell you came from!"  Ace grabs me by the waist and pulls me back and that's when i realize that i had been moving towards Jake.....probably would have punched him in the face and i promise; i wouldn't have regretted it in the slightest. He just stands there suprised. He probably didn't think i would just call him out like that ,but why wouldn't I!?

"Uhh...Rhea can i talk to you" Ace asks cautiously.i stop glaring at Jake begrudgingly and focus on Ace.

"Don't even think about it Ace. That bum is not staying here and that is final." I turn around to walk away,but he tugs on my arm and pulls me towards him.
"Rhea ,please. I know he offended you but he's still my friend and i really care about him. It's really late and his house isn't so close. His mom will probably have a heart attack if he walks in at this time. You don't have to talk to him, but please Rhea;just let him stay" he pleads, still gazing at me with hopeful eyes. I mean he does have a good point.
"Fine.....but he is not getting any pizza ....or meatballs. He can only have the plain spaghetti" Ace lets out a bark of laughter.  "Sure Rhea".

"You can stay for the night, but no meatballs,no pizza, no beer and you're using the sleeping bag " I state simply and walk off without waiting for a reply.
We all walk back to the living room and i take a seat. A few seconds later, Ace takes a seat beside me and places my crossed feet on his lap. I respond to this with a bewildered look and he just chuckles.
************************************
I wake up the next morning to the sound of movement in my house. My first thought is that someone broke into my house, but then the sweet smell of coffee hits my nose and everything from last night comes crashing down on me. I slip on my boy shorts and a loose wife beater, pack my hair into a terribly messy bun (and i don't mean those cute messy buns girls brag about every morning, i mean a MESSY bun). Sliding my feet into my flip flops i bolt down the stairs with smoke trailing behind me (please note the use of exaggeration- that means there was really no smoke) . So now that we are past that, i quietly walk into the kitchen. Bringing back a lot of memories, i walk in to the sight of Jake cooking with his back to me.....his very shirtless back. I am about to announce my presence when his phone starts ringing and i dodge behind the wall on impulse. A few seconds later he starts speaking.