"well i have t-"

It's been a week, and i have not spoken to Jake. Call me stubborn; but i really don't give a shit. I mean, i still don't know why he blew up on me like that, but whatever . I'm currently on a one week break though, because apparently the school has a bug problem and they need a week to get rid of them. Ace , shawn ,Mira and jeff wanted to come over to my house so the whole squad can have a sleepover during the break to chill and maybe even study in my basement...but they're still trying to convince Jake to stop being a brat and come over. I know, i get it , me not talking to jake seems a little unnecessary ,but its not like either of us have had a good reason to speak to each other, we just keep doing our own things.

Plus, i don't mean to be immature but he started it! Anyway,later today the whole group.....or at least everyone except jake  will be coming over and we are basically going to be living together for the next week.

Just incase you're wondering ,my Dad knows about my plans and he is totally cool with it, apparently he's going to be out of town for a while and he's not exactly sure of when he is going to be back; so he's just really glad that i wouldn't be home alone.

It's currently 6:45 on a saturday evening and I'm trying to make the basement look as homey as possible. I spent the whole day trying to catch up  on sleep since i haven't exactly been getting enough of that with my nightmares, flashbacks, fights with Jake, not to mention the shit ton of homework I've been getting and now I'm running about like a headless chicken trying to clean up the basement . I won't lie my basement is pretty cool but ....i haven't quite been there in a couple of years. It used to be like a family room about four years ago, but after kate was killed i never spent more than a couple of minutes down there, and my Dad respected that.
But despite all that i was setting up a spare mattress, a few sleeping bags and some other things apart from the three large couches ,pool table,flat screen tv, xbox, stereo system, karaoke and some other irrelivant accessories and patiently waiting for my guests to arrive.
************************************
Two and a half hours later, i had cooked spaghetti and meatballs, refrigerated some drinks, and ordered a pizza when i heard the sound of a car pull into my driveway. Looking out of the kitchen window, i watch as the whole group climbs out of Ace's car.....every one but Jake; Just as expected. With a sigh , i walk up to the front door to welcome my friends.

"Well well well ,its about time you showed up" i said with a teasing smile as i walked towards Ace.
"Yeah I'm so sorry, i was busy with workout, then i pushed packing my clothes to last minute and apparently i was voted as the designated driver and so i had to pick up everyone" Ace said, giving me a hug and a light kiss on the cheek. He has always been like that so i never give it too much meaning, I've actually become accustomed to the hugs ,kisses and gentle displays of affection, i guess its just how he shows you that he cares about you.
"Rhea!!!! Its been ever so looong"  yeah, guess who?
Exactly, Jeff
" hey jeff, how are you " i say
"I'm good now that i finally get to see you" he says with a sly smile. I walk over to Mira, we exchange greetings, i do the same with Shawn and then we all walk into my house.
"Okay, i know i may have been here before and i was too drunk off my ass to really notice anything, but Rhea your house is pretty cool." Jeff says with an approving smile.

Well my house is no mansion, but it is quite big ,it has a woodsy cabin like feel to it but its still very homey. The kitchen is quite big and modern ,with a marble centre table ,and then there's my Dad's  study, the living room ,the closet ,the store room for groceries ,my room , two guest rooms ,all rooms have a bathroom with two extra solo bathrooms. So yes it's quite big ,but not a mansion.

"Thanks Jeff, umm...i set up the basement already and i kind of already prepared dinner and ordered pizza while waiting for your slow asses" I say with a teasing smile.

"Hey, that was all Ace's fault, i mean he drives slower than my grandfather!" Mira says barely holding in her laughter
"Oh wow, well blame this sexy amazingly talented guy for putting your safety first" Ace counters