20

"If you want something done, do it yourself."
~JRP

The cool air hit Hayden and Calvin's face as they stepped out of the therapist's building. They were approaching Calvin's car. It was starting to get dark, and Hayden had a hard time believing they had spent a lot of time in Dr. Francis's office.

It seemed like they didn't even talk much before the session finished, and now it was starting to get dark. She was glad she took the day off for this, if not she would have been seriously late.

Lyra and Calvin had convinced her to take the day off. They said she was overworking herself — which was true in a way because even the therapist suggested so. And now that they were done with Calvin's request, she didn't know what to do with the rest of the day.

She could rest or finish the novel she had started reading the beginning of the month. Normally she would've been able to finish it in a day or two, but with the amount of homework she got and things being hectic, she couldn't afford the luxury of curling up with a book.

"Where should I take you?" Calvin asked once he had turned on the music and drove out of the parking lot of Counselling & Therapy. "The guys are hanging out with me at home. Would you like to go there? Or should I just take you home?"

"Is Wren going to be around?" she asked because there was no way she was going to hang out with a bunch of guys alone especially if Mason was one of them without Wren acting as the barricade between them.

"I'm not sure. Lemme ask Mason," he said and brought out his phone. "Bro," he said into the phone. "What's up?" After a pause, he asked, "You still coming? Uhm... With Wren or nah?"

Hayden's attention had already shifted to something else as Calvin continued talking with Mason about something else.

"She's coming," he finally said as he ended the call.

"Is it okay if I ask Lyra to come, too?" Hayden was supposed to hang out with her, and it would be rude to leave her hanging. Besides, she wouldn't mind hanging out with them.

"Sure."

Hayden quickly texted Lyra.

Hayden: Hey :)

Lyra: Hi.

Hayden: We're going to hang out at Calvin's house. Would you like to join us?

Lyra: I'm not too sure.

Hayden: He has a mansion and a butler. Hayden laughed silently typing it. She couldn't wait to see Lyra's reaction.

Lyra: Holy molly. I'll meet you there in 15. <3

Hayden: Okay :)

"Are you done?" Calvin asked, putting on All things go by Nicki Minaj. Hayden looked at him with squeezed eyebrows and squinted eyes. "Texting."

Hayden nodded.

"Mason said we should pick up some pastries from Cakes and Coffees. You cool with that?" he asked and Hayden nodded. She wondered why he was asking her that. It was his car, and he was allowed to go wherever he wanted.

"Do you think you can talk to Mason for me?" she asked. Hayden wasn't one to talk, but she had been wondering about it for a long while. She certainly couldn't speak to him, but Calvin should. "Show him I'm not Amy. I know he has some issues with me."

Calvin let out a mixture between a nervous laugh and a hyena's growl. Hayden snorted at that — he was about to lie. "He doesn't have any issues with you."