07

'True friendships are worth fighting for. True love is worth sacrificing everything. And true hearts are better than all the gold in the world.' ~Truer than gold, Calvin J. Winston

Few things intrigue Calvin in life, and one of them was Hayden.

She had occupied every part of his mind. He couldn't help but think of her. She was different, not only different from other girls but other people as well. The first time they met, she refused to sit beside him. He still didn't understand why. He wasn't going to bite her or anything. Besides, Ms. Flora was in the room alongside them.

And when she sat down, she refused to even acknowledge his presence. That was the first thing that intrigued him.

Imagine his surprise when he found her in his first class. He wasn't sure what came over him when he asked her to sit beside him. Normally, he stayed away from strangers. Not only him, Wren, and Mason stay away from them too.

They preferred being alone after Amy happened.

But it wasn't only him that wanted to be with Hayden. Wren was also determined to be her friend. She had invited her to sit with them at their table. He had a hard time hiding his smile.

She didn't talk very much. And when she talked, she mostly spoke a few words. He wanted to hear what she thinking, what she thought of him and why she was at Winston, but she didn't want to speak.

He knew her behaviour reminded him of someone he knew. He only confirmed it when she ran out of the classroom and went to the bathroom. He tried talking to her, but she didn't want to talk to him or be his partner.

But he wouldn't give up. He had made a promise to find anyone lost. And he wouldn't stop until he found Hayden.

***

Hello fellow reader!

How was chapter 7 and Calvin's first chapter? If you loved it, please vote, comment your thoughts and share it with friends and family. Checkout my other books please :)

WASH YOUR HANDS AND STAY AT HOME.

~R.