32. eat, sleep and...cassidy?

Începe de la început

He only hangs out with them at practices and is close with one named Finn. They are like close brothers but he sure has a lot more sisters. He told me that he got thinking about it all and how it felt to be with girls and it just wasn't the same with boys.

He has a volleyball tournament soon that is coming up in November at the old high school. It surprises me how my high school still holds those types of events for sports outside of school and for those out of high school and who have moved on with their lives.

I continued to talk to Porter about college. How my life has been and him saying that he doesn't think he wants to go to a college campus but might just take an online one. He says he plans to stay at Ocean Isle forever and take care of his dad and mom's business of their tour shop and museum, and the stores on the pier that he helps all the neighbors run.

That port reminds me of the time when Cassidy left for Key West and Porter and me, being young stupid freshmen decided to jump off the pier even though it wasn't allowed...

"Ready?" Porter asks, smirking at me as we stand about ten feet away from the edge of the OIB pier. I let out a small squeal as a yes as we both kick off our sandals and I rip my shirt off over my head revealing my light vibrant turquoise bikini top.

I fiddle with the button on my jeans as Porter throws his belt to the side and is quick to pull his pants down showing his black swimming trunks underneath. When we're both in our bathing clothes we make eye contact, grinning at each other.

"Cassidy should be here," I say feeling bad that we're leaving her out of this since we always wanted to do it together. Even Brenna should be here. All four of us jumping off of the OIB pier.

"It's okay, we're gonna get caught anyway," Porter winks at me and my lips go up, forcing a smile on my face that I try to hide aimlessly. We both give each other a ready and nodding expression as we run to the edge, our hands entwined but I pull away, my fear consuming me. He stops right before jumping off as I yank his hand back.

"I'm nervous Porter," I make a dreadful lousy face, that looks almost nocuous from my fear of getting in trouble and the height. It's a lot taller than it actually looks. Porter walks over to me.

"Lou," he sighs, putting his hand loosely on my shoulder, taking a deep breath with his eyes closed as he opens the for the next sentence, "...If you don't just with me I'm pushing you in anyways."

"Porter," I whine as he grabs my hand and pulls me in a hug, wrapping his strong arms around me. I lean my head into his shoulder as he whispers in my ear that everything will be fine, before pressing a kiss to my temple.

"Here take my hand," he exits the embrace as he grabs my right hand with his left, interlocking our fingers again. He's probably the most purest best friend I have right now. With Brenna moving and Cassidy hanging out in Florida, probably with that family friend of her's that she always talks about now. Not that I have a problem, she never really says his name because she knows when to stop talking about him.

The only thing she said was that he was a brunette with beautiful capturing blue eyes. He was tall, knew how to surf, and was quite the gentleman. He was funny like Porter too.

"Hey," Porter snaps me back into life, "We're gonna run and jump." He smiles, giving my hand a squeeze and I show him a closed-lip smile back.