cuarenta y ocho- path

Leyla's pov

Leyla's pov

"I cant believe this! I am so disappointed in you." My mom continued to bitch as i went to my room.

"Mhm." I roll my eyes as i stormed into the closet.

I grabbed my bag and tossed in clothes.

"What do you think you're doing?" My mom followed me inside.

"Leaving."

"No you're not." She rolled her eyes as she tried stopping me.

"You said it yourself. One screw up and im out." I laugh as i snatched back my favorite black top she held in her hand.

"Yeah i know what i said." She rolled her eyes back. "But you're not leaving. I changed my mind."

"You don't get to change your mind." I scoffed at her.

She looked back at me as she tossed out the clothes in my bag. "Well im your mom and you dont get a say."

"Excuse me." I look at her in disbelief. "When did you turn into such a bitch?" I shake my head as i shoved my clothes back into my bag for the third time now.

"Leyla dont ever disrespect me like that again! I am your mother. Stop acting this way!"

"Acting like what? A teenager?! What are you mad at me for? The fact that i got suspended for beating up a bitch or because im sexually active?" I stood up to her.

"Both. I dont know why your father thought it was good to teach you how to fight." She let out a deep sigh.

"To prevent me from getting my ass kicked by some random bitches on the block." I stared her down.

"And look where that got you. Not far." She laughed. "You are going down a bad path and you know it."

"Oh whatever." I rolled my eyes.

"Where you gonna go huh? Next door with your cholo boyfriend? Then what? You're gonna get pregnant and drop out of school? Typical."

"I guess i wanted to follow the footsteps of my mommy." I said sarcastically.

She didn't say anything. "I have sacrificed so much for you and Antonio to get out of the hood and have a better life. But no." She shook her head. "You think this is the life you wanna live but its not."

"Mhm. How can you disrespect dad like that? He did everything for our family to be safe. Thats all the santos do. They keep people safe."

"Your father is dead. Thats what this life brought him to." My mom stated with no emotion.

"Why do you always sound so ashamed to bring up dad. Like he was a disappointment in your life? Is it because he was a gangster? You think you are better now that you're a nurse at some old people home?" I pouted.

"That is not what im saying. Im saying that you and your brother need to be smart with the path you choose to go through."

"Antonio wants to be a protector like our dad. I didnt  understand it at first but now i do. As for me.... i know i want to be with Oscar. And if thats the life he wants then i guess i do too." Is the last thing i said before grabbing the remainder of my things and heading out the house.

—spookysblock

Hahhahahaha one time i was door dashing with my grandma and this teen driver honked at my grandma and i was about to get out the damn car and give him allll the smoke