cuarenta y dos- grounded

Leyla's pov

Leyla's pov

"Mom please!" I pouted as she shook her head no.

"There is no room for him."

"Yes there is! You just don't want to make room." I pouted as she made me get off the counter.

"Leyla... i've known Martín's father since high school. I'm not getting involved with their family issues. Especially if i cant keep up with my own." She gave me a look.

"What are you talking about?" I cleared my throat.

"Is there a reason why you snuck Oscar into your room last night?" She leaned against the counter and folded her arms.

"Uhhhh."

"Caught!" Javier and Antonio shouted in unison as they ate their breakfast.

"I'm sorry Sad Eyes.... did you say something?" My mom glared at my brother which caused him to give me a dirty look.

"What? I didn't tell her shit." I rolled my eyes. "You're just not good at keeping secrets." I laugh.

"How did you not expect me to find out? You hang around them 24/7! And it sure as hell does not help that mothers around the block give me looks at the grocery store!"

"I was just trying to get us protection. Now that dad is gone."

"No! You were trying to be cool." My mom snapped.

"And you!" She yelled back at me.

"No more late night rendezvous with Oscar!"

"Its not what you think! We were just talking."

"Well from now one the only talking you'll be doing is on the phone. Because you're grounded."

"Grounded?!" I gasped.

"And Mr. Sad eyes over here will join you." She smiled at us.

"From now on... i will be taking you to school in the morning. And Javier will be picking you up. And you will be working at the taqueria. When you are not working then you will be at home. Alone. Studying."

"Ma-"

"I am sick of you guys taking advantage! Just because i'm always working it doesn't mean you can go out and about doing stupid shit. You guys wouldn't pull this stunt when you dad was here. And you sure as hell won't pull it now."

"This sucks." Antonio and I walked into the school with the saddest faces ever.

"Yeah i know." He scoffed.

"Maybe if you didn't get caught with Oscar then maybe she wouldn't have went off on us this morning."

"This is my fault?"

"Yeah!" He shook his head and walked away.

"Hey.... what's wrong?" Oscar walked up to me.

"We got grounded." I pouted as we walked to a free table.

"Why?" He raised his brow.

"My mom found out about Antonio being a Santo. And she found out about you sneaking into my room last night." I sighed.

"Shit."

"Yeah.... and to make shit worse... she won't let Martín stay with us." I let out a sigh as the bell rang.

Oscar's pov

"Hey." Martín walked over to the front yard as i just sat on the steps.

"Hey." I cleared my throat.

He sat on a crate and we just stood in awkward silence.

"I feel like we didn't get a chance to talk." I looked up at him then back at my sneakers.

"Whats there to talk about?" Martín shook his head. He looked exhausted.

"For a while i was mad at you. Because you dated Leyla. I know it was fake at first but i know it was serious towards the end. And that kind if made me feel like maybe those feelings would come back and Leyla would leave me." I rambled on and on.

"I realized i was mad at the wrong person. I was mad at you for getting at her when i should've just been open about our relationship. But i don't blame you for falling in love. Leyla is amazing."

"I know. But i promise you im not in love with her. I love her. We were both there for each other in our darkest times. But we are just friends.... she's my best friend."

"We both love her."

"Yeah." He agreed.

"I heard what happened with your pops." I looked up at him. "I heard he kicked you out."

"Its all good. I'm actually going to move in with my mom's sister out in Texas. I just dont know how ima tell Leyla." He let out a sigh.

"Dont tell her."

He just gave me a look.

"Come live here, Compa." I gave him a reassuring smile.

"Oscar i cant accept that." He shook his head.

"Regardless of the dumb shit we argue about... you're always family. And we look out for each other. So stay here."

"Are you sure?" He raised a brow.

"Yeah.... we got a spare room."

"Dude." Martín smiled.

I just pulled him into a hug. "I love you homie." I patted his back.

—spookysblock

Im smilingggggggggggg