"Do you... want me... to leave?"

"No!!"

Aen covered her mouth. She didn't mean to shout.

"I... I just wanted to ask... if you're going to work after breakfast."

"Ohhh... I see."

Yoongi suddenly looked amused.

"Is that... what's troubling you?"

"What? No... Yes... I mean... I just-"

"So... you don't want me to leave?"

Aen blushed. How did things escalate to this?

"..."

"Tell me Aen-nah... Do you want me to go to work and leave you or stay here until you get discharged?"

"Ehhh? W-why should I decide about that? I was... just asking... if you're going to work or not."

"Hmmm... Okay. I'm staying."

"Ehhhhh?"

Yoongi chuckled.

"You know... I just realized something about you."

"W-what is it?

"Hmmm... It's... a secret."

Then Yoongi smiled.

"You should finish eating. The doctor may come in soon and give us the results."

Aen looks dumbfounded.

How come Yoongi can make her feel lots of emotions in seconds?

She shakes her head.

'Friends' let's stick to being one, she reminds herself.

But then she finds herself curious as to what Yoongi meant by saying he realized something about her.

Is it because they're soulmates? She suddenly felt worried and hoped Yoongi stops being curious about her.

------

True to his words, Yoongi didn't leave for work and stayed with her.

An hour later, while still waiting for the MRI results, some police officers came by and ask Aen about the accident.

They assured her they will do their best to apprehend the culprit as soon as possible.

And when they bid goodbye, Yoongi walked them out of the room.

-----

When Yoongi came back though, he was with Doctor Park with the results.

He told them that Aen's scan results are good and that there was nothing to worry about.

She can be discharged already but he advises her that she needs to at least rest at home for the day and just go to work the next day.

And Yoongi assures the good doctor that she will.

-----

After Aen got discharged, Yoongi decided to take her home despite her protest.

He insists that it's the least he can do since he won't go to work for the rest of the morning.

As they drove on the way to her home, they drop by for a take-out because he wants her to rest and not bother to cook for herself.

She kept telling Yoongi it was fine but he kept insisting on it until she lets him do what he wants.

But in reality, Yoongi can't really do everything he wants.

Like, even if he wanted to take care of her for the day, he can't.

He didn't want to overwhelm her with his presence.

After all, they just became friends. It's enough for now that she's starting to open up to him. He doesn't want her to shut him out again from her life.

-----

After he drop her off, he decided to go home and get ready for work in the afternoon.

But unbeknownst to Yoongi, someone had been following him the moment he left the hospital early in the morning.

"Hello. I have some juicy information for you."

__________________________________________________________________________________

This chapter is dedicated to:

MichaelaSouza 🤍 AnitaSushma 💚 KhotsoliousNabilahKuddah 💙 MelissaAbbott3 💜 kylu_101 💛 kenziepotato26 🧡 bts_is_life69 🤎 Kookie_177 🖤 HarshikaKumari 🤍 minyoongles027 💚 gansitocakeLillydoll3 💙 Asna66 💜 just_another_her 💛 BangtanKids797 🧡 adondevamoss 🤎 KinfeGetachew 🖤 choisoobin04 🤍 Keylo1291 💚 Winter_arrow88 and singhsh21 💛

__________________________________________________________________________________