10

577 Gangnam-daero, Seocho-gu,
Seoul, South Korea.

The place I currently worked at for almost 2 years is Korea Yakult Company.

I'm one of those they call here "Korea Yakult Delivery Woman" who delivers bottles of mini yogurts each day and the route assigned to me was from around Nonhyeon-dong up to the Gangnam-gu Office.

I work 8 hours a day from Mondays to Saturdays while Sunday is my day off.

Today, was just the same day as usual at work, or I thought it would be.

While I was making deliveries in Paris Baguette near Gangnam-gu Office my wrist started to hurt a bit. I also started to feel a little bit uneasy as well.

I keep thinking I probably work too much today since I had lots of deliveries more than usual and that I'm getting tired since I've been working all day.

Good thing my last delivery stop would be in Gangnam-gu Office. After that, I'll head back to the company before going home to my apartment and taking a good rest.

That was the plan.

But now I'm currently stuck in the very position that I dreaded the most in my entire life.

Sitting in front of me, inside the Caffe Bene near my apartment was a person named Min Yoongi who was wearing a black cap and a mask.

Who would have thought a member of the biggest boy band in the world is my soulmate? What's more? We are currently both having a staring contest.

Ughhhh... This is very awkward.

How I wish I could turn back the time.

But then again, even if I did go back (which is impossible) nothing will change. I'd still meet him sooner or later. I already knew that. It was only a matter of time.

I sighed and closed my eyes for a bit and recalled what happened earlier.

-----

(A/N: Flashback of MC before she met Yoongi.)

As I was on my way to Gangnam-gu Office, the pain on my wrist started to get hurt more but it was still a bit bearable.

But then, it started to hurt pretty badly  when I finally arrived outside the office.

For a minute or two I just stood outside clutching my wrist.

Because of the pain, I didn't even notice the white footsteps leading inside the building.

I was too focused on my job at the moment since this place was always my last delivery stop. I kept thinking I have to push through with this. I'll just have to bear the pain for a few more minutes.

Maybe it'll go away soon.

So, I swallowed hard and braced myself for the searing pain to come.

Then pushing a trolley push cart with boxes of Yakult, I went inside the building with long and fast strides so I can finish my business as soon as I can.

I tried my best to smile even if the pain was killing me.

I even greeted the lady at the reception and handed her the delivery form, for her to sign it.

But just as I was ready to leave, I saw him and he was looking at me as well.

(A/N: Listen to Lee Sun Hee - Fox Rain)

My world stop for a moment.

Lots of thoughts came rushing to my mind.

I didn't even realize I dropped the delivery forms and was crying while looking at him.

This can't be happening. No. This can't be real.

No. Why?

Why did we have to meet like this? Why did I ignore the signs?

I was hoping we wouldn't. That, you shouldn't have met me.

Because... You're better off without me.

-----

(A/N: Back to the present)

I opened my eyes and look at him again.

He was still looking at me. I wonder what he's thinking right now. What I did earlier was embarrassing.

But when I was about to speak up the barista shouted 'MYG' meaning our order is up and Yoongi says he'll get it so he stands up to go get our drinks at the counter.

I sighed.

I hope this gets over with as soon as possible. I don't think I can handle being with him for a few more hours.

I'd broken down in front of him and I don't want him to see me like that ever  again.

"Here."

"Ohhh... Uhmm... Thanks.."

Then we silently drank our drinks, his - iced Americano and mine - cappuccino, while waiting for who's gonna talk first again.

It was he who broke the silence.

"We probably should introduce ourselves first. I'm... Min Yoongi."

I know and I'm sorry.

"I'm... I'm Aen. Palma Aen. I'm a year younger than you and as you've seen earlier I work at the Yakult Company and the office you work right now as your public service is one of my delivery stops."

"Ohhh... I guess... You probably knew who I am then."

I nodded.

Yoongi chuckled nervously and scratch the back of his neck.

I gave him a sad smile.

"Yes. I know who you are. I didn't just expect you to be my soulmate. I don't know why I cried earlier when I saw you but you don't need to worry. It's not like we should get together since we're soulmates. I believe you're not obligated to do that..."

I looked away from him and continued talking.

"... and besides... You deserved someone better. Better than me."

__________________________________________________________________________________

This chapter is dedicated to:

hannah_jeon01 🧡 bunnytomlinson 💚 wontjimout4ever 💛 AaliyahanaSuckrajh 💙 dark_angel_137 💜 idontbitemuch26 🤎 SudipaMukherjee3 🖤 ausrine221 🤍 _lovedpr ❤ and Josy1506 🧡

__________________________________________________________________________________