Chapter 34

[ Levi's POV ]

"Who are you?"

My body froze in place after hearing her words, unable to approach her any further.

"Oh my God (y/n) you finally woke up!" exclaimed Hange, hugging her tightly.

Though, (y/n) wasn't really fond of that. She stiffened at Hange's touch and quickly pushed her away.

"I-I'm sorry.. I don't know who you are."

"What?"

Her eyes met with mine once again, only for Erwin to push me towards her way gently.

"Do you remember me?" I reluctantly asked.

"No.."

No.

My heart shattered into a million pieces.

She lost her fucking memories.

"I'm sorry." she whispered.

"No don't apologize! It's okay! Here, I had someone prepare some warm soup for you." Hange assured her as she placed a tray of food on top of (y/n)'s lap, her hands trembling from struggling with holding back her tears. "You should eat, gain your weight back."

Erwin took some steps closer to her and kneeled down next to her bed.

"Do you remember anything?" he kindly asked.

"All I remember is that I hit my head somewhere."

"I see."

"So.. I've lost my memories?" 

"Seems so." he said, a saddened smile forming on his lips.

"Oh.." she whispered, staring at her bowl of soup.

"We should let her rest. Would you like us to show you around here later if you feel like it?" Hange asked, her voice breaking mid sentence.

"That would be good." she smiled. 

"Alright then!" Hange exclaimed, trying to get rid of her heartache.

I left the room. As soon as I got out, I leaned my back against the wall and let myself fall down slowly.

"Shit.." I whispered, running my fingers through my hair.

Not long after, Erwin came out of the room as well.

"What are we going to do now?" I murmured, hands still covering my face.

"I don't know.."

"Goddammit."

"People don't always lose their memories for good. Sometimes they come back. We just have to stay positive about it and-"

"I'm fucking tired of hoping. I'm tired of seeing her suffer. Tired of suffering myself! How is she going to feel now? Knowing that she lost all of her memories. What am I going to do? She doesn't even remember who I am."

I was so frustrated that I couldn't even focus on one thing.

"We should start by introducing ourselves properly. Tell her what her purpose in the Survey Corps is. Maybe she will slowly start remembering.." he sighed, tilting his head backwards.

"Maybe.."

[ Time Skip ]

Some hours had passed since our last encounter. I was supposed to show her around the HQ and introduce myself as well. Everyone else had done so already, leaving me for last. I was anxious, to be honest. Me out of all people.

I hope that shitty-glasses didn't tell her anything stupid.

"Oh, you're here!"

Hange's voice startled me, bringing me back to reality. (y/n) was standing next to her, playing with the straps of her usual uniform.

"Take care of her shorty!" Hange exclaimed before closing the lab's door.

(y/n) walked towards me, though, when she saw that I wasn't moving, she tapped my shoulder.

"Shall we?" she asked.

"Yes, we shall."

...

We walked around for a while, I was showing her the usual spots like the dinning hall, Erwin's office, the girl's showers. Then, we finally made our way outside.

"Can you tell me who I am? Or rather, was." she awkwardly asked.

It took me some time to reply.

"You are Captain (y/n) of the Survey Corps. An elite soldier, who is also in charge of training the cadets, teaching them combat skills, and the proper usage of the 3D Maneuver Gear. Everyone looks up to you for your bravery, strength, and bright mind, but most importantly, for spreading positivity and putting even the slightest smile on people's faces."

Can't believe I just said all that.

"Wow, some person I must be. It's a shame I don't even know how to wear this uniform properly." she chuckled.

I missed that chuckle.

I glanced at her figure and noticed that her straps were indeed worn incorrectly. Standing in front of her, I stopped her from walking further as I started undoing the said straps.

"Thanks." she murmured, rubbing the back of her neck. "Oh, also, Hange told me something about being in a relationship with someone named.. Levy? No, Levi!"

I hummed, continuing with wrapping the straps around her waist.

"By the way, what's your name?"

...

"Levi."