Chapter 21

[ (y/n)'s POV ]

[ Morning ]

I was with my 2 squad members, Isaac and Ed, in the dinning hall drinking tea and catching up, when Hange decided to join us.

"Goodmorning (y/n), guys!" she exclaimed.

"Hey Hange." I smiled, my squad members doing the same.

"I need to talk to you. Would you guys mind?"

"It's alright Hange."

"Is it important?" I sighed.

"Yes."

And with that, we made our way to the room where Levi was previously treated in, only to see him inside as well, his back resting on the wall.

"So she dragged you here as well?" he asked.

I sat on a stool next to him, sighing after nodding at his question.

"So (y/n) I need to talk to you about your head injuries." she said. "If you keep hitting your head that badly, well.."

"Well what? Say it!" Levi spoke with a tint of annoyance in his voice.

"There's a possibility that you might do a great damage to yourself. Fall into a coma, brain injuries, inability to speak."

"What?" I asked, my voice trembling from the shock. "Were the previous injuries that bad?"

"You just need to be more careful (y/n). And Levi, I know that you want to continue doing what you usually do, but with one wrong move, your ribs could break again. So I suggest you-"

"I'm not staying in bed, if that's what you're suggesting."

"Are you serious? You need to stay put until you completely heal!" I shouted, standing up so that I faced him properly.

"And what about you and your constantly impulsive decisions? Do we have to keep you tied up so that you don't crack your head open?" he snapped back, flinching a bit from the sudden pain.

"I can't believe you're doing this right now." I murmured, feeling a strong pain hit the back of my head.

"Your wound hasn't completely healed either (y/n). Come, let me look at it." Hange stressed, but I slapped her hand away.

"I don't need it."

"Quit acting like a child you brat."

"Look who's talking!"

"Come on now you guys! Let's calm down-"

"Shut it!" we both shouted.

"I'm leaving. Good luck putting your broken bones back in place jackass."

"Yeah, good luck remembering where your own room is you damn brat."

We both left the room and headed to different directions. Hange glanced at both of us in complete defeat.

"Did I have to talk to both of them at the same time?"

[ Time Skip ]

I was at the training fields with a bunch of new trainees. The Training Corps asked me to join them for some days since I was done training our own new trainees and scouts.

"Alright listen up! I'm Captain (y/n) of the Survey Corps." I said as they all saluted to me. "You are all under my command for today and for the rest of the week, meaning that you'll have to put up with a lot of work. If you want to back out, now is the best time to do so."

Nobody did. 

"Good. Start with a 15 minute lap."

"Yes!" they all said.

"Damn Cap, you've become scarier. With that look on your face I'm sure nobody is going to slack off now." Ed joked.

"Oh please." I smirked, rolling my eyes.

Some time passed and the trainees started gathering in front of me again.

"Do some stretching, I'm going to teach you proper hand in hand combat."

As I waited for them to warm up, I heard horses approaching the fields, though, I didn't think much of it. I put the trainees into pairs and ordered them to fight eachother until one of them stood tall in the end.

"You don't punch that way."

"Don't do that if you don't want to end up dead."

"Move faster!"

I backed off and sighed.

"I have so much work to do." I murmured.

"Here."

"Thanks Isaac." I sighed, gladly accepting the water sack that Isaac offered me.

"(y/n)!!"

I glanced behind me only to see Hange with Levi and Erwin. Hange was waving at me cheerfully, Erwin threw me a quick smile before continuing his conversation with Keith. I could hear Levi's "tsk" but I brushed it off as I was already mad at him from earlier this morning.

"U-Um (y/n)." murmured Isaac.

"What is it?"

Turning my gaze towards the trainees, my eyes narrowed at the small crowd that they had created.

"H-Hey I think you should cut it off, you don't want Captain to get mad either." I heard one say.

"I don't give a damn."

Oh? Let's see who that smartass is.

"Salute!" I shouted, making them all salute to me except from two. One tall guy was repeatedly punching another one in the face. I grabbed him by the shoulder only to be pushed back forcefully. Levi's eyes widened and before he managed to approach us any further, Hange kept him back.

"What do you think you're doing?" I asked irritated.

"What?! He angered me." the guy replied, brushing his blood-stained hands through his hair.

"I don't give a damn. You crossed the line." I said, crossing my arms. "You two, treat him." I ordered two trainees to take the seriously beaten one inside. "You, I'm reporting you to Shadis."

"What? You ordered us to fight!"

"You need to learn the difference between training and forcefully beating someone up."

"This is ridiculous! You know what? I hate that you're trying to act like such a badass. Fight me if you think that you're so much better." he snapped.

Everyone started whispering, Levi and Hange kept watching from behind.

"Oh you're on."