Chapter 16

[ (y/n)'s POV ]

[ Time Skip ]

"Armin, I'm glad I could be a good person to you. You've won your bet. But.. this is where my bet begins!"

Before Annie could bite her finger and transform, I quickly shot my gun up and everyone got out of their hiding spots ready to attack her.

"Quickly!" I shouted.

Before I could approach them, I saw a small spike on her ring.

Wait..

"Guys! Get down now!" I shouted to Armin, Mikasa and Eren.

Mikasa quickly dragged both boys down.

"Shit! We were too late!"

Annie transformed into the Female Titan.

I need to find Erwin.

I swung around the buildings only to find Erwin being pointed at with a gun.

"You're a traitor! I could execute you right here and now and no one would even care!"

"Erwin!" I landed in front of him, taking a hold of that man's gun.

"It's alright, (y/n)." said Erwin while putting his hand on my shoulder. "That's fine by me. But then you must assume command. You must not let the Female Titan escape. Paehl's in charge of formation. Vyler oversees supply. Work with them to drive her to the east wall at all costs."

"Wait.. wait! Are you really telling me that this will help humanity?"

"I believe that it is a step forward."

The guy stared at Erwin before turning his gaze towards me. My grip on his gun tightened, making him point it right at my forehead.

"Lower your guns, all of you. Handcuff him!" he commanded, his gun never leaving my sight. "Erwin, a trial will decide your punishment."

What?

"Once this is over, I'll submit to one with pleasure."

"Wait what? Erwin- "

"Levi, you stay put." he interrupted me. "You dislike pointless deaths."

"Yeah, you're right. I despise it, whether it be mine or my causing someone else's." Levi said, slapping the gun away from that man's hand and pushing me behind his back.

"Take care of (y/n)." Erwin smiled softly.

"Erwin..."

And by that, they took him away.

"What happened?" asked Levi.

I could feel anger rise in me.

"Annie transformed. We were too late.." I sighed, gritting my teeth. "I have to go."

"Be careful."

After some time, I landed next to Armin, both of us watching Eren fight Annie after transforming into his titan form. He started chasing her and once he got a hold of her, he pinned her down to the ground.

"Eren!" shouted Mikasa.

"Don't!" exclaimed Hange, putting her hand on Mikasa's shoulder. "Right now, we don't know if Eren can recognize you."

Eren crashed Annie's head but not completely, giving her the advantage of pushing him away. She then started running towards the wall, gripping onto it desperately.

"Does she intend to climb over it?" asked Hange shocked.

Eren jumped and got a hold of her legs, though, Annie kicked him, making him fall to the ground once again.

"She's going to get away!"

"I won't let that happen!"

I quickly swung towards her, slicing her fingers off with my blades, Mikasa doing the same to her other hand.

"You are going to pay!" I shouted after aiming for her nape.

"No (y/n)! Don't kill her!" shouted Hange, stopping me right before I acted.

"Annie.." Mikasa whispered, landing on Annie's head. "Fall."

And by that, she jumped, Annie's titan collapsing to the ground. As soon as she fell, Eren started ripping her hands apart.

"Crap.. he'll eat the girl inside too!"

"Don't, Eren!"

He bit off her nape, only to reveal Annie's human form with tears running down her eyes.

Everyone was shocked.

A blue light flashed from Annie's bodie.

"What is happening?"

I was still hanging from the wall, watching in complete silence. I didn't know why, but I couldn't move.

Annie's human body started getting frozen, and before Eren's titan got a hold of her, Levi came, slashing Eren's nape within seconds.

"Don't eat a valuable witness, you idiot." he said.

And with that, both their Titan bodies started fuming, leaving us with an unconcious Eren and Annie, with her body trapped inside a crystal.

[ Time Skip ]

As soon as we all got back to the Survey Corps HQ, I went and took a shower. I silently watched as all the dirt and blood washed off my body. After that, I went to my room, changed, and sat down for a bit.

Didn't I have some cigarettes somewhere hidden?

I started searching around my room only to find them next to my window successfully. After some thought, I went to the rooftop. It was pretty late and everyone in the building was asleep so I thought that it would be a good idea to spend some time alone. I sat down and started smoking, something I wouldn't usually do, but it was a long and stressful day.

"What are you doing brat?"

"Levi? What are you doing here?"

"I saw you from my window. I thought I'd come and check up on you. To make sure that you wouldn't do anything stupid."

"Don't worry." I chuckled.

Levi got a hold of my small pack and threw it off the building, my eyes widening at his sudden action.

"I remember telling you to quit it."

"I always brush my teeth after smoking!"

"That's not my problem. It's not good for you."

"Rough day I guess." I sighed, throwing my remaining cigarette off the building.

"What happened back there?"

I stayed silent for a bit.

"I don't know.."

He kept looking at me, patiently waiting for me to continue.

"As soon as I sliced her fingers, it felt so good. I wanted to take revenge! I almost killed her.." I whispered the last part, looking away in slight embarrassment.

"Look at me."

I wouldn't, so he basically forced me to by turning my head towards him gently.

"I understand, you don't have to feel embarrassed. You didn't do it, so why are you thinking about it?"

"I don't know.."

My hands were a bit shaky. I guess I got a little anxious when I saw him, or maybe of the thought that he might be mad at me. He then wrapped his arm around my shoulders, an action that took me by surprise. All my anxiety faded away, tears welling up in my eyes from the instant relief.

"Tsk. Your breath smells like cigarettes."

"Well obviously." I scoffed, wiping my eyes.

He silently chuckled.

"There you go." I smiled, cupping his cheeks.

And not long after, our lips met.