Chapter 8

[(y/n)'s POV]

[Morning]

*yawn*

Damn, I haven't slept this good in a long time.

After some minutes, I realized that Levi was still asleep. His head was nuzzling on my neck and his left arm was wrapped around my lower stomach.

"Levi.." I whispered.

"What." he grunted.

"I can't move."

He then glanced at me and rolled over, facing the ceiling whereas I got up and sat on the side of the bed.

"What's wrong?" he asked, his voice calm and soothing.

"Nothing. How did you sleep?"

"Don't lie to me brat."

"I just... I feel like something bad is going to happen."

Silence.

He got up and started changing, and after some minutes, I did the same.

"I slept fine. Thank you." he said, throwing me a side glance. A small smile formed on my lips as I nodded.

A smile that hid sadness.

I got out first and headed outside.

"Captain! Goodmorning!"

"Hey guys! How are you feeling?"

"We're fine you needn't worry about us."

But I can't help it.

After a while, all the soldiers came out as well as Levi's squad.

"Goodmorning Captain (y/n). Looking beautiful as usual." said Oluo before biting his tounge again, making us  laugh.

[Time Skip]

An hour passed by and everyone got on their horses. Erwin was leading in front as usual, with my squad following behind him on the left and Levi's on the right. The other soldiers were positioned in the back.

"The gates are opening in 10 seconds."

This is it. There's no going back.

There were people looking at us. Some admiring and some already knowing that the expedition wouldn't bring any further hope.

"5 seconds!"

I glanced at Eren who was in the middle of the formation. He looked very anxious so I decided to talk to him.

"Eren."

"Y-Yes Captain?"

"Everything is going to be fine."

"Advance! We will now begin the 57th expedition beyond the walls!" shouted Erwin.

My heart was beating faster than ever as we slowly made our way outside the walls.

"Oi." said Levi in a serious tone.

"Yes?"

"Remember our promise."

I didn't reply.

Levi and I would always make a promise before battle.

Don't die.

"Promise me."

"I promise."

[Time Skip]

"A black smoke round? And it's directly from behind us!" shouted one scout.

"Draw your blades!" commanded Levi.