Chapter 7

[ (y/n)'s POV ]

After hanging out with Petra for a while, I decided that it would be a good idea to have a little meeting with my squad as well. We returned to the HQ, since it got pretty late, and after we got to our separate ways I headed towards the dinning area. I made my self a cup of tea while I waited for them to come.

They should've been here by now.

As I was waiting, I heard some slow footsteps coming from behind me and they were rather quiet too. I decided to stay in the position that I was already in, facing the cabinet. Seconds after, I saw a hand appear right next to my face so I quickly grabbed it, only to see that it was-

"Levi?"

"What the hell are you doing?" he asked annoyed.

"I should be asking you that!" I replied in an annoyed tone as well.

"Obviously I was going to open the cabinet and grab a tea cup!"

"Oh, right. I'm sorry." I murmured as I sat down on the chair next to me.

Silence.

"So.. how are you?" I asked.

"I've been better. You?"

"Yeah.. Me too."

"You should be sleeping more. All your walking up and down at night in your room has been stressing me out as well."

"I'm sorry Levi."

He just looked at me with a rather calm face.

"Why can't you sleep? Is it because of the expedition?"

"It's nothing." I murmured.

"Speak up. And you better not lie to me."

"Yes it is! Forget it!" I was about to leave but I felt his hand grab mine.

"You know you can talk to me (y/n)."

"Believe me. I'm just stressed that's all." I assured with a forced smile.

"You've lost weight. Have you been eating properly?"

What does that have to do with anything?

"Yes I have! What is this?" I scoffed.

"You're a terrible liar. You always get stressed over small things and you forget to take proper care of yourself!" he said while raising the tone of his voice.

I quickly turned my back to Levi so that he wouldn't notice my teary eyes.

"You always make me worry about you."

What?

"Levi-"

"Go to my office. I'm going to bring you some food. You need energy for tomorrow."

"But-'

"Now!"

Hesitantly, I went. When I got in, I sat on one of his chairs and not long after, he came in with a food tray and some more tea.

"Eat."

"But I'm not hungry."

"Stop acting like a child you damn brat, and start eating! You're sleeping here as well."

"What the- of course I'm not! And watch your mouth! I'm not Eren."

He immediately gave me a death stare.

"Fine."

I began eating and Levi was just sitting there watching me while drinking tea.

"Can you stop that?"

"Stop what?"

"Watch me while I'm eating. It's embarrassing."

"I think we've gotten over that a long time ago." he teased and I blushed.

As soon as I finished eating, I got myself ready for bed. I decided to sit on the couch and read a book while waiting for Levi to leave our dirty dishes at the dinning area, but then I remembered..

Oh shit! The meeting!

I quickly got up and took off my sleeping gown so that I could change into my uniform once again, only to hear Levi coming in.

"No don't come in!" I shouted as I threw the sleeping gown at his face.

"Tsk. You're overreacting! Why are you changing anyways?"

"I was supposed to have a meeting with my squad but I totally forgot about it." I murmured as I covered myself with my cloak.

"I informed them that you were too tired and that you are resting now so you needn't worry."

"Well, you informed them wrong!"

"I ordered them to go to bed as well. And you should do the same. Here."

He handed me my night gown. I glanced at him and then took it from his hands, rolling my eyes at his amused face.

"Oh God.." I sighed.

He chuckled.

"Hilarious. Where am I going to sleep?"

"In the bedroom."

"The bedroom? And you?"

"I don't sleep." he replied while sitting on his chair.

"Last time I checked you were human, so yeah you do. Go and rest. I'm going to sleep on the couch." I told him whilst wearing my sleeping gown.

"You must be out of your mind."

"When was the last time you slept?"

"That's none of your business."

"Levi!"

"Tsk. Like, two days ago."

I stared at him for a while only to come up with an idea.

"Come." I said, heading towards his bedroom.

"What?"

"I would always help you when you had a hard time sleeping remember?"

I would often scold Levi for not sleeping, so the majority of times I would persuade him to go to bed with me so that I would help him relax.

I got tucked in bed while I waited for him to change and after some minutes, he layed down next to me. Even though it was kind of awkward, I started playing with his hair as he came closer to me.

"D-Do you feel uncomfortable?" I asked, my cheeks turning red. 

"No, I'm fine." he silently replied. "(y/n)?"

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry for being an asshole to you." he whispered, slowly dozing off.

A small smile formed on my cheeks.

"It's okay, Levi."