Chapter 17

[ Time Skip ]

[ (y/n) POV ]

I was walking down the sun lit hallways after drinking a cup of warm tea, when my eyes suddenly landed on a scout that was looking outside the window. I noticed that she had a saddened expression on her face.

"Hey." 

"O-Oh Captain (y/n), hi!" she stuttered, saluting.

"Are you okay?" I asked, pointing at her red eyes.

"I'm sorry if I made you worry but I'm fine. It's just that I'm the only one in my squad that doesn't know how to use the MG properly." she murmured, looking at her feet in slight embarrassment.

"I can help you."

"N-No it's fine! It's your day off after yesterday's fight."

"That's my job." I chuckled.

I took her hand and made her follow me outside the building, small giggles escaping her lips.

"It's kind of dangerous for us to go alone outside the walls right now, so it would be better if we trained you here." I said, pointing at the training fields.

She simply nodded.

I started by properly putting the harness on her and then the training began.

[ Levi's POV ]

I hadn't seen (y/n) all morning. I got bored talking to Erwin about the upcoming expeditions so I thought of taking her out today, trying to make her feel better after yesterday's events.

As I was walking down the corridors, something outside the window caught my eye.

Is she training a scout?

I decided to watch for a bit after opening the window widely. Whenever the scout made a mistake, (y/n) would just smile at her so that she wouldn't make her feel uncomfortable.

She has such patience sometimes. I thought, a faint smile forming on my lips as I made my way outside.

"Thank you Captain!" the scout exclaimed before leaving. But as soon as she saw me, she stopped and saluted.

I simply nodded and continued walking towards (y/n).

"Hey you!" she smiled.

"So much of a day off."

"That scout wanted help with her MG so I decided to teach her some useful things." she said, pointing at the girl who entered the building. "What brings you here?"

"I thought that maybe we could go to the market and buy some tea is all."

"Is that your way of asking me out?" she teased, her shoulder brushing with mine playfully.

"Tsk. Whatever, I'll go alone."

"Wait! I'll come!"

[ (y/n)'s POV ]

We decided not to take our horses and just walk towards the market, talking about silly things or basically make fun of other people on our way there.

"Oh! There's the tea stand!" I exclaimed.

We looked at all the different kinds of tea but Levi's eyes landed on his favourite one. Black. We bought some and after that we strolled around town, letting the soft breeze hit our calm faces.

"I overheard Armin talk about something called the ocean." I said. "He mentioned that most of the world is covered by it. And that it is salt water! The outside world must be way bigger than the lands within the walls." I murmured, tilting my head backwards to look at the sky. He simply hummed in response and took my hand in his, rubbing his thumb over my knuckles tenderly.

Not long after, we heard a cart with two horses approach us. As soon as we turned around we saw two men dressed in all black holding two sacks up in the air.

"(y/n)!" shouted Levi, failing at pushing me away in time.

The two men put the sacks over our heads and threw us in the cart, hitting us both on the head with some hard objects.

Who knew that this beautiful day would take such turns.