Chapter 12

[ Levi's POV ]

"(y/n) wait! We need to take care of your wounds especially the one on your head!" shouted Hange as she got off her horse.

We arrived at the HQ so everybody went their separate ways, free to rest or do whatever they wanted.

"I'm fine Hange." she murmured in a shaky voice as she headed towards the entrance.

"(y/n) please!"

"Oi (y/n). Stop acting like a stubborn child and let us take care of your wound."

"Oh shut up Levi! Hange, I'm fine, I've been through worse. Hey you two! Escort me to my room." she ordered two scouts.

"Yes Captain!"

Tsk. What a brat.

[ (y/n)'s POV ]

I walked towards my room with two scouts following me from behind, in case I passed out again.

"Captain are you sure about this? It would be better if you let Commander Hange-"

"Guys, really. I'm fine. Besides, I'm not in the mood to talk to anyone right now."

As soon as we arrived outside my rooms' door, the two scouts saluted and left. I made my way inside and sat on the ground, my back facing the wall, and after some time I finally fell asleep.

[ Time Skip ]

It's your fault. You could have beaten the Female Titan but you let your comrades die.

"(y/n)..."

Petra was in love with Levi.

"Oi (y/n)!"

Everyone could've lived longer but you got in the way.

"(Y/N)!"

I opened my eyes, only to see Levi kneeling in front of me with his hands on my shoulders.

"Gotcha."

"Levi? What are you doing here?"

"I came to check up on you. Hange came earlier but you weren't answering and you made us fucking worry. Why would you sleep with a head wound?!" he shouted, clearly irritated.

"I'm sorry.."

"Now get up and go take a shower. I'll wait for you here and we'll take care of your wounds." 

[ Levi's POV ]

As I was waiting for her I decided to clean her room because it was a huge mess. After some time, my eyes landed on a folded paper that was resting on top of her desk but before I grabbed it I got caught by her.

"Don't."

"What is it?"

"It's none of your business."

"Since when did you become so reclusive towards me?"

She didn't answer.

"Come."

She followed me to a small room where we kept all the emergency supplies. It was pretty late, so nobody was going to come by anytime soon. When we got in, she sat on the bed while looking outside the window.

She looks so beautiful under the moonlight.

"Let me check your wound." she turned around and let me take a good look. "For God's sake (y/n), why are you always so reckless?"

"I would risk my life so that others lived outside the walls peacefully." she replied calmly.

Tsk.

"That's what makes me mad (y/n)! Those words are going to get you killed!" I snapped.

She remained silent.

After taking care of the wound on her head, I decided to check up on some other cuts on her body.

"Hange told me that you got cut nearby your stomach. Let me see."

She reluctantly pulled her shirt up, uncovering a deep cut.

"I have your handkerchief inside my pocket. I cleaned it as well so you can have it back."

"Keep it." I murmured. "That one isn't important to me anyways."

While I was patching up the cut, I heard soft sobs escape her trembling lips.

"What happened? Does it hurt?"

"It's my fault isn't it?"

"What do you mean?"

"That your whole squad is dead. That my two squad members are dead as well.. I'm sorry Levi! I was there and yet, I couldn't save them. I watched them die right before my own eyes. I'm so sorry.."

My eyes softened at her vulnerable state.

"It's not your fault, you did everything you could. Our comrades aren't dead. Those we love can never be more than a thought away.. for as long as there's a memory, they will live in our hearts." I assured her.

Our eyes met for a split second before she wrapped her arms around my shoulders.

"Thank you." she whispered.

"(y/n).."

"Yes?"

"I missed you."

She slowly broke our embrace, our eyes meeting once again before she put her lips on mine. 

[ (y/n)'s POV ]

I backed off slowly, glancing at Levi's surprised face.

Shit..

I got up and started walking towards the door only to get grabbed by my wrist.

"Levi I-"

He put his lips on mine, only this time, the kiss we shared was much deeper. I wrapped my hands around his shoulders whereas he wrapped his around my waist, bringing us closer together. Not long after, Levi picked me up and we made our way towards his bedroom. As soon as we got in, he closed the door behind us and pushed me against the wall, my legs wrapped around his waist for support. His lips moved from mine to my jaw and then to my neck. One of my hands played with his raven hair while the other caressed his cheek lovingly.

He then carefully layed me on his bed while being on top of me and not long after, we both took off all of our clothes, getting lost into eachother's eyes. 

Lust.

"(y/n) promise me."

"Promise you what?"

"That you will continue to live on. Promise me."

"I promise."

And by that, we spend the night together.

[ Levi's POV ]

It was only me, her, and the moon.