Chapter 20

[ 2 Days Later ]

[ (y/n)'s POV ]

It was late at night and I decided to go check on Levi once again. He was unconscious for 2 days now and I was starting to get very worried. Walking down the hallway, I heard small raindrops hit the roof silently, and yet, loudly at the same time.

Perfect timing.

I entered the room and shut the door gently.

"Hey you."

Gasping, I turned around only to see Levi resting his back on the bedframe, his eyes meeting mine instantly. I quickly walked towards him and without hesitation, hugged him tightly.

"Easy brat, my ribs hurt like hell."

"You finally woke up." I sighed with my face burried in the crook of his neck.

He hugged me back not long after. One hand stroking my hair and the other rubbing my back. Though, his grip got tighter, bringing me even closer to him.

"I'm sorry." he said.

"For what?"

I tried to look at him but he wouldn't leave my embrace, as if he didn't want me to see his face.

"That bastard.. you know..." I remained silent, my heart breaking after feeling his body shiver at the thought. "I can't believe I let him touch you."

"It wasn't your fault Levi, you couldn't do anything! You were tied up!"

His hands travelled from my back to the front of my body. He unbuttoned my shirt, revealing the bruised side of my chest. His fingertips grazed them tenderly, fearing the thought of hurting me further.

"Shit."

"It's okay. It's almost gone." I assured, smiling softly at him as my one hand cupped his cheek whereas the other one brought his closer to my chest.

"Did you kill him?" he whispered.

"I killed them both." I whispered back.

He placed his hand on the back of my head and brought my face closer to his, resting his forehead on top of mine.

"I'm not mad at you. You did what you had to do. You are brave, you saved us both. Besides, I would have killed them for what they did to you even if you hadn't." he added while stroking my hair.

I kept staring at his piercing eyes, feeling my heart beat faster than ever.

"Did you carry my ass all the way here?" he joked, trying to lighten the mood.

"Yes." I chuckled.

"Didn't know you were that strong." he said, pinching my cheeks.

"You owe me a massage though, my whole body is killing me! You are so heavy." I teasingly said.

"I don't mind." he replied, hands landing on my thighs.

"H-Hey!"

He silently chuckled.

"You are so handsome when you smile." I said, moving some of his hair away from his face. "You make my heart flutter like crazy."

He leaned in and our lips met. We kissed passionately for what felt like forever. We missed each other. I missed him.

I wish this wouldn't end.