Chapter 29

[ (y/n)'s POV ]

"(y/n)?!"

The titan tightened its grip, a loud sound of bones cracking making my eyes widen in shock and pain.

"(y/n)!" shouted Levi, struggling to stand up. Though, it ended up with him falling to his knees again. That never stopped him from trying again and again though, even if he failed each time.

The titan slowly lifted its hand up and brought me closer to its mouth.

This is it..

Tears ran down my cheeks.

"(Y/N)!"

I tilted my head to the side, my eyes meeting with Levi's.

"It's okay if you can't say it, I love you still." I weakly whispered, smiling softly at him. "Goodbye."

"NO!"

Suddenly, loud screams approached our direction and not long after, we saw Eren bite the titan's nape. The titan released me instantly, though, not in the way that we all hoped it would. With all of its remaining strength, it threw me at the roof that Levi was currently on top of. My whole body crashed and I instantly felt it go numb. My eyes gently closed and I couldn't see anything. My hearing was blurry, though, I could still hear Levi screaming my name over and over again.

I'm sorry, Levi..

[ Levi's POV ]

As soon as I saw her limp body collide with the roof, my heart sank to my stomach. She wasn't moving an inch. With all I got left, I dragged my body towards hers.

"(y-y/n)?"

I lifted myself up so that I stood on my knees and took her in my arms, my eyes falling on her lifeless expression.

"OI ANSWER ME!"

I moved some lose hair away from her face and with my handkerchief I wiped all the blood that covered her stunning characteristics. I was scared of touching her even the slightest. Terrified of hurting her even more.

"Come on (y/n)! We made a promise remember? We swore not to break it! You can't leave me!" I shouted.

I shook her body gently. Her head fell back and I instantly felt myself become anxious. I put my hand on the back of her head only for it to get covered in blood, so I covered the wound with my handkerchief, preventing any more blood loss. Heavy rain started falling from the sky, everything around us becoming blurry, so I took off my cloak and covered her body with it.

"Im so sorry (y/n). Give me one more chance and I promise that I will be better. I will improve myself for you just please wake up! Even if you hate me afterwards. I just want to hear your voice and see your smile. I just.." I tilted my head backwards, letting all the rain hit my face.

"I love you. I love you so much (y/n). You are what matters the most to me!"

I brought her body closer to mine and embraced her tightly before slowly planting a soft kiss on her lips. I took her hand and placed it on top of my cheek, though, it felt colder than ever.

I started to shout with the feeling that I wanted to kill someone because she was never coming back. I wanted to jump off an edge from all the pain. She introduced me to her bright world and when I finally felt like I was at home she left me.

All of our beautiful memories crossed my mind multiple times, not making me feel any better. I realized that when you cry so much, it gets harder to breathe. And right now, it's raining in my heart, like it's raining in town.

"L-Levi.. what happened to (y/n).."

I looked up and saw Hange staring at us with her eyes wide open.

"I'm begging you.. please save her!"