Chapter 26

[ (y/n)'s POV ]

Five days had passed since Reiner and Bertholdt's attack. I was now returning to the Survey Corps HQ after finishing training the previous trainees. Levi didn't do much since he still hasn't fully recovered, so Erwin gave him more paperwork as the days passed. It was funny to be honest, seeing his grumpy facial expressions. We had a meeting later that evening as well so as soon as I arrived, I took a shower and headed towards the meeting room. Everyone was already there so I took a seat next to Hange.

"Now that we are all here it would be a good idea to discuss about a possible plan that would come handy in case the Armored and Colossal Titan decide to attack anytime soon." said Erwin. "Any ideas?"

I raised my hand and he nodded.

"I was thinking that it would be a good idea to have some of our elite soldiers on top of the wall. Last time, we prevented a major damage from happening, but it was clear that the Colossal Titan was trying to destroy it. In case something like that happens again, due to its slow movements, the soldiers will be able to fight it and protect the wall." I proudly stated.

"I agree." said Hange. "Also we need someone to attack the Armored Titan, so I believe that Eren and the others would be suitable."

Erwin thought to himself for some time before replying.

"Eren, Mikasa, Jean, Armin, Connie and Sasha, you are going against the Armored Titan." he ordered. "Eren I believe you will be able to fight it given that your strength and skills have developed since the last time," he turned towards the others, "and with your maneuver gear skills you will be able to distract it and possibly kill it even, by making it take its hands off its nape." he paused for a moment. "As for you guys, you will act fastly wherever help is mostly needed. You are dismissed for today."

I was walking towards my room, many thoughts running through my head, when I heard my two squadmates approach me from behind.

"Cap'!"

"Oh, hey guys!"

"Wanna hang out?"

I glanced outside the window and saw that the sun was slowly setting.

"Yeah why not. I wanted to talk to you anyways."

We walked to a nearby hill, sitting on the grass next to eachother.

"I wanted to talk to you about our plan." After finishing with all the details, we all remained silent for a while. "Listen.. in case something happens to me, I want you two to move on. To become the greatest heroes out there! Don't let yourselves get weaker. You will look forward with your heads up, seeking a brighter future and give an end to all of this bullshit. That's what I wish. No.. that's what I'm ordering you!"

As soon as those words escaped my lips, they both stood up saluting.

"What are you-"

They looked at me, both having tears in their eyes.

"Yes Captain!"

My eyes widened in shock. I stood up as well and hugged them both, them gladly accepting my embrace and returning it not long after.

"You guys are the only family I have. You mean a lot to me." I whispered with tears welling up in my eyes.

"Nothing is going to happen to you. We will not allow that."

"Yeah, that dumbass is right."

I silently chuckled.

"You never change huh?"

We layed down next to each other, looking at the sunset.

"Do you think they are watching us now?" Ed asked, referring to our two fallen comrades.

"I'm sure of it." I replied. "By the way, what's in that bag?"

"Oh, right." Isaac opened the bag and took out three bottles of beer.

[ Time Skip ]

Time passed rather quickly. We laughed, told stories, and appreciated each other's company.

"Chairs so close and room so small.."

"You and I talk all the night long.."

Both Ed and Isaac looked at me, waiting for me to continue the song.

"Meagre this space but serves us so well." sang Ed.

"We comrades have stories to tell." added Isaac.

"Come on. You know the lyrics."

"And it's always like that in the evening time." I finally replied, not being able to hold back any longer.

"We drink and we sing when our fighting is done. And it's always so we live under the burnt clouds, ease our burden, long is the night!" we sang together. "Just as no starts can be seen, we are starts and we'll beam on our town, we must all gather as one, sing with hope and the fear will be gone~"

We took deep breaths and laughed loudly.

"Thank you guys."