We burst out of another door. Fresh air hits us square in the face. Pain is sketched across Liam's face from his ankle as we are dragged up on the very top of the roof. He pushes us forward enough for me to catch sight of the ground down below. I wrap my arms around the boy's arm, afraid to fall off of the edge. He nudges us closer and my left foot slips off of the edge before I bring it backwards. 

        "Dakota!" Liam reaches out for me. 

        My heart is beating a million times a minute, fear racing through my veins. With one push, I'll fall off of the edge. I don't want to die. Is this God's way of saying I should have died in that car crash? Am I about to die now?

        "Get back!" The boy yells. 

        I yelp in surprise by his booming voice in my ear. I lose my footing placement. My left foot slips off of the edge and I barely have enough time to spin myself around and grab on to the lip of the edge. My breath hitches in my throat as my body bangs against the side of the building. I faintly screams my name, his voice muffled by the thumping of my heart in my ears. 

        "Oh, god." I whisper to myself. "Oh, god."

        My feet dangle in the air. The toes of my sneakers scraping against the side of the building. Liam struggles in the boy's hold as he watches me hang on for dear life. There's no way I could survive this fall. 

        "Don't. You don't need to do this." Scott's voices comes from somewhere else on the roof. "Whatever it is. Whatever you are, we can help you."

        "No, you can't." 

        "Let me help you."

        "Wendigos don't need help. We need food!" The boy tries to push Liam off of the edge, but Liam puts up a fight.         

        I scrunch up my face, willing myself to not let go. All of a sudden, Liam is thrown off of the side. "No!" I shout, worried for my new friend. When he slipped, his foot stepped on my hand. In pain, I withdraw my hands, automatically. I scream, realizing the huge mistake I have made. Liam drops one hand from the edge of the building to try to grab my hand. 

        My body falls towards the ground. Screams fill the air and it takes me a second to realize they are coming from me. Hair is blown all over the place, blinding part of my vision. My body moves through the air until I am positioned for my feet to land first. I squeeze my eyes shut, afraid of the impact. 

        My shoes hit the grass first. Somehow, my body bends and I land on the ground, much like a cat. My chest heaves up and down as I peek one eye open. I landed on the ground in one piece and no pain. How? How- How am I still alive? I slowly push myself up. There's no way I could have survived that fall. The hospital is well over six stories tall. 

        Liam's screams pierces my ears from above me. 

        "Liam!" I shout, staring up at the roof. 

        He's no longer hanging from the edge. Is he okay? 

        "Liam?!" I yell again.

X

        Liam's legs are squished in the small tub right beside mine, both of us wrapped from head to toe in silver duct tape. Freaking Scott kidnapped the two of us. Duct tape is placed over our mouths, preventing us from screaming for help. This kid is freaking psycho. Liam and I wiggle around in the small tub, trying to break free.