22: the FBI agent

-------♤-------

"What? There's no way."
"Y/n, just hear me out."

"No. I've been working alone for ten years and now you're suddenly telling me to take a partner? I can manage on my own, thank you." - I stood up to leave the office.

"Y/n. Sit down." - now this was Minho's voice that told you to obey.

"I know you've been working alone since you came to this department but this is only for your good. You're ambitious, passionate, smart. Perfect for this job. That's why you're our most qualified agent. But, there's someone just like you. And I'm going to pair you two. No matter what you say."

"Minho, is it really necessary?"

"It is, Y/n. All the agents work with partners, except you."

"You think I can't manage on my own?"
"It's not that. You need a right hand to have your back. Someone as equal as you."

"Who is she?"
"Jeon Jungkook."

"Are you sure that's a 'she' ?"
"No."

Right then, the door of his office opened.
Just how I imagined.

A tall, dark haired guy entered the room.
"I don't like him." - I said and stood up.
"Pleasure to meet you too, Ms. Y/n." - he said with a smirk plastered on his face.

"I'm not pleasured at all." - I scoffed and closed the door behind me.
Why in the world is he doing this to me?

I don't like sharing!

"What did Minho say to you that you look like you wanna kill us all?" - Hana asked and all my colleagues turned their attention to me.

"The only person I wanna kill is Minho and that Jungkook guy."

"I bet he's hot just like his name." - Hana said and I made a face.

"Minho wants him to be my partner. I'd rather get shot first."

"What's so bad in working with a partner?" - my other colleagues got involved.
"I just don't like it. And I don't like him even more."

"You know you can't go against Minho's word."
"I know, and I hate it." - right then, we heard Minho's door opened and him and Jungkook came out.

"Guys. Say hello to Agent 7."

Hmph. He had to give him that number.
"Y/n? Won't you greet your partner?" - Minho gave me an evil smile and I just rolled my eyes.

"Agent 14. Kim Y/n." - I said and shook hands with him.
"I look forward to working with you."

I replied with an unnoticeable smirk.

"Agent 7 has worked on many cases, and he knows his job very well. He's as good as Y/n. That's why I paired you two, and now I'm sending you on a mission. Here's everything you need to know." - Minho said and handed me and Jungkook the documents.

"Let's get to work." - I said and entered my office, with Jungkook following me.
"Let's see what we got." - I sat on my chair and he sat at the opposite of me.

"Jason Andrews. Fourty-year-old. Owns a wine shop. No wife, no kids. Best friend - Vaughn Roberts. Looks like the two of them are gonna get into some deep shit." - he said with a laugh and I gave him a look.

"Jason wants to steal from the biggest wine distribution. And Vaughn has to help him with that, or he's dead meat."

"And we have to stop that. How?" - I said and focused on his eyes.