31: new mommy

-------♤-------

"Alright, see you there." - I said and hung up. I was on the phone with Taehyung, my best friend.

Taehyung and I know each other since babies, literally.
We would always play together as kids, we went to the same high school, and even the same college.
I've liked him since the very beginning, I have to admit.

Of course, my love for him wasn't real when I was ten, but as I grew older my feelings grew bigger.
Taehyung fell in love with a girl and they were together for a year. Later the girl found out she was pregnant and, she left him with his child after giving birth.

He used to tell me everything about their relationship. Of course, because he didn't know I liked him.
That always hit me hard but, I only wanted the best for him, and I was scared that if I confessed I would ruin our friendship.

Taehyung had to take care of his son by himself. Jeonsan didn't get the needed love from his mom. I'd pop n from time to time, to check on the both. Taehyung always said that they were fine, but I knew it that he couldn't handle all of that alone.

I helped as much as I could, and I supported them with everything I had.
Today Taehyung called me to go to the kindergarten. We were going to pick up Jeonsan and take a walk in the park.

I got ready and headed to the place.
"Hi." - Taehyung greeted me with a smile on his face.
"Shall we go inside?" - he suggested and I nodded, following him.

"Daddy!" - Jeonsan screamed as soon as he saw his dad.
"My boy!" - Taehyung kneeled to hug him.
"Hello, Mr. Kim." - the lady that took care of the kids said.

"Hi. How was Jeonsan today?" - Taehyung asked, taking Jeonsan in his arms.
"He was great. He had his homework, we did so many activities. He's improved a lot. Of course, when he has good parents to take care of him." - she looked at me and bowed before leaving.

I chuckled at her mistake, even though I secretely wished for it to be true.
Yes, I still love Taehyung, and I love Jeonsan too. They're the most important people in my life.

"Jeonsan, say hi to Y/n." - me and Jeonsan shook hands.
His small hand is so cute.

"Hi Y/n." - he said in his cute little voice.
I always have a weak spot for kids. How can you not, though? They're all adorable.
"Do you want to go to the park now?"
- I asked and Jeonsan raised his hands happily.

"Yay!" - he screamed and we made our way to the playground.
"Daddy, let's go to the swings!" - Jeonsan jolted happily and we ran after him.
"Can you push me?" - Jeonsan asked me and I smiled.
"Sure." - I said and helped him swing.

"Daddy, look at me! I'm flying!" - he screamed with voice full of joy.
Taehyung really wanted the best for his son. And he did his best.
"Do you want to go on the slides now?"
- I asked and he nodded.

After playing with Jeonsan for half an hour, we decided to go to their house.
"Jeonsan, do you want to watch a movie with us?" - Taehyung asked him as we walked in the yard, holding his hands.

"With Y/n? Yes!" - he said happily and Taehyung got him in his arms again.
"Do you like Y/n?" - Taehyung asked Jeonsan quietly. He giggled and nodded.

"Okay guys. Who wants popcorn?" - I screamed and they both raised their hands.
"Coming right up!" - I said and made my way to the kitchen.
I heard footsteps and when I turned around, I saw Taehyung coming in.

"Thank you." - he said as he stood next to me.
"For what?" - I got confused.
"For being here. After Yuna left me, you've done so much for me and Jeonsan. So thank you." - he said and I smiled.

"We're best friends, of course I'll be here. I will always be here." - I said and we hugged.
"Jeonsan wants a hug, too." - we heard Jeonsan pout.
"Come here!" - I took him in my arms and all three of us hugged.

"Now, you two go and choose a movie while I make the popcorn." - I said and hit Jeonsan's butt as he ran out.
"We'll set the bed too!" - Taehyung said happily.
I waited as the popcorn was ready and went to the living room.

The lights were turned off, the mattress was set on the ground and the only lights in the room were the TV and a couple of candles. The atmosphere was romantic, I can say.
I could see the two boys already in their pajamas, talking about something and Taehyung making his son giggle.

"Popcorn's ready!" - I said as I handed them the bowl full of popcorn.
"Go put on your PJs and we can start."
- Taehyung said and I immediately went upstairs to change.
"What movie did you choose?" - I asked as I laid on and covered myself with the sheets.

"Jeonsan wanted to see Hotel Tranyslvania." - Taehyung said and his son smiled brightly.
"Aren't you a bit small for that young man?" - I hopped Jeonsan's nose.
"No? I'm a big boy!" - he said and we laughed at his cuteness.
"As you say then."

The movie was actually pretty good. I didn't know it was for adults, too.
When the movie came to an end, I noticed Jeonsan falling asleep.
"Let's get you to your bed." - I picked him up and carried him to his room.

He grabbed my hand before I left.
"Can you tell me a story? Or sing me a song?" - he asked and I sat beside him.
"Okay. Let's sing you a song then."

While singing to Jeonsan, I got the time to think and come to a decision.
I think this was the best opportunity to tell Taehyung how I felt. Of course I didn't know if we'd stay friends after that but..
I loved him for three years now, and I can't be quiet about it anymore.

I slowly closed the door to Jeonsan's room and got downstairs.
Taehyung was drinking his coffee when I approached him.
"So um, I wanted to tell you something."
- I said, still not quite sure about it.
"Oh, I actually wanted to talk to you too."

Oh no. Was he going to say that he doesn't wanna be friends anymore? Or maybe that he's moving to another country?
"You go first." - he said and we sat down on the couch.

"So.. I've been wanting to tell you this on the beginning, three years ago, but I thought that I'd ruin our friendship and..
I don't want to lose you after this. I want us to stay friends. Maybe we won't be as close as earlier but.. Anyways, the thing is..
I like you, Tae." - his eyes widened and he didn't say a word.

I was really scared of his answer.
He'd either say that he likes me back, or he will say that it's better to just stay friends and things would get awkward after that, and we would become distant before he leaves this country and I'll never see him again.
From the silence in the room and the panic building inside me, I stood up and wanted to leave.

"I like you too, Y/n." - he said and I stopped my tracks.
"Really?" - I said when I turned around.
Guess it was the first option. He liked me back.
"Yes!" - he said happily and tears formed in my eyes as I jumped on him and hugged him.

"I'm really happy to have you in my life."
- he said and kissed my cheek.
"Me too."
"Did I get a new mommy now?" - Jeonsan asked as me and Taehyung burst out laughing.
"If you want to call me that."

-------♤-------