15: he loses your kid

-------♤-------

"When are you coming home, honey?" - I said through the phone with my wife on the other line.

"In a couple of hours. How's Jeonsan doing?"

"He's sleeping right now."

"I left his food in the fridge, the milk is ready to warm up, and don't forget to ask him if he wants to pee every couple of minutes." - I impatiently waited for her to finish.

"Y/n, I know. Jeonsan is two years old. The baby lessons and magazines worked well, I can handle it. Don't worry about us and come home faster."

"Okay, sweetie. I'll see you later." - she mimicked a kiss and I hung up.

Me and Y/n got married five years ago. At first, it didn't work but after trying a couple of times, we were finally blessed with Jeonsan.

"Daddy?"

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard my son's angelic voice.

"Come here baby. Why did you wake up?" - dressed in his cute onesie, he sat down on the couch.

"You and mommy weren't sleeping next to me anymore."

"Jeonsan, you're a big boy now. You can sleep by yourself." - I caressed his chubby cheeks.

"Are you hungry? Do you want me to make you something?"

"But you don't know how to cook daddy.." - he said and I laughed.

"Yah! Who told you that?" - he let out a giggle and looked away.

"Let's see who do you love more. We'll go to the mall after you eat and I'm gonna buy you hundreds of toys!" - I raised my hands in the air and we both yelled in excitement.

"Jeonsan! Are you ready?" - I yelled from downstairs. He seriously takes everything from his mom.

How can a two-year-old need half an hour to get ready!?

I heard small thumps coming down the stairs and couldn't help but smile at my kid.

"Aigoo. My son is so cute! Let's go!" - I put him on his seat in my car and after getting in myself, we finally drove off.

"Sannie, let me ask you something. Who do you love more?" - I said as I was carrying all the bags in my left and he was in my right hand.

"I love you!" - we gave each other a kiss on the cheek.

"Can we go to the park? Pleasee. I wanna play." - he made a little pout.

"Okay, but just for a couple of minutes. Because I really can't resist your cuteness." - I smiled at him and headed to the nearest park.

I watched him swing down the slide, twirl around and fall. Man, I am really blessed to become his father.

And I am the luckiest man on earth to have the best wife.

"Hoseok?" - I turned around when I heard a familiar voice call me.

"Yunho!" - I smiled when I saw my best friend.
"How are you buddy? How's Y/n?" - we got in a strong hug. I haven't seen him in years.

"Everything's going well. I brought my son to the park" - I turned around to show him Jeonsan, but I couldn't find him.

"Yunho, I'll contact you later, I gotta go now." - my heartbeat increased, and tears started to fill my eyes.

"Jeonsan! Jeonsan!" - I searched everywhere, but couldn't find him.

I took out my phone and dialed Y/n's number.

"Honey?" - I heard her beautiful voice, but how was I gonna tell her that I lost our kid?

"Hoseok, is everything okay?"

"Y/n.. I was with Jeonsan at the park and now.. I can't find him." - I sobbed.

"Wait for me, I'll be there in a minute." - our house was not that far from here, so if she used her car she would be here in an instant.

How can I be so irresponsible? I'm the worst dad ever. Where are you Jeonsan?

"Hoseok!" - I saw Y/n coming to me and I stood up to hug her.

"Y/n, I am really sorry for this, I don't know what's gotten into me. I met with Yunho and we talked and when I turned around Jeonsan wasn't there and"

"Honey calm down. I have a tracker on my phone. We'll find him." - I immediately calmed down after she said that..

She opened some app on her phone and showed me the small red dot that was beeping on the screen.

"He's here. In the park." - after looking at the map and at the park, she started walking to the toilets.

Then one of the doors opened, and Jeonsan came out.

"Jeonsan!" - I immediately pulled him in an embrace.

Y/n smiled at us and we did a group hug.

"I told you not to worry."

Then I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"But yah! How can you lose a kid?!"

-------♤-------